How to Change the Color of Graphics Using PicMonkey | Designs By Miss Mandee

How to Change the Color of Graphics Using PicMonkey

Disclaimer: this post does contain affiliate links.
     Hello everyone, and HAPPY FRIDAY!!! I don’t know about you, but I am ecstatic that Friday is finally here! My poor little baby boy is sick—it’s so sad. And the thing is, he is just so stinkin’ cute, that I can’t help but give him kisses all the time…so now I’m sick too (double sad). So I’m ready for a restful weekend!
     I’m pretty stoked about today’s post as well. My first PicMonkey tutorial: how to change the color of graphics using PicMonkey! I’ve got to be honest with you, until now I have never used PicMonkey. I actually use the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator mostly) for all of my design work. Most designers use the Creative Suite, BUT PicMonkey is a pretty awesome alternative for those of you who are just looking to add some flair to pictures or create simple designs for your blog. Had PicMonkey been around when I was a kid, my mom seriously would have had to peel me away from the computer! Instead I just messed around with Printshop Deluxe (trust me, there’s nothing “Deluxe” about it, haha).
     Ever since I posted my Free Laurel Wreath Graphics, I’ve had multiple people ask me if there is a way to change the color. The answer is YES! And PicMonkey actually makes it super easy too!!
     Now that you know how to change your freebie graphics to whatever color your heart desires, you are pretty much unstoppable! Go nuts: make the most beautiful printable the world has ever know (with the exception of mine, of course;). And be sure to share your projects with me: I would love to feature what you’ve done through my social media outlets! It’s so fun to see the creativity of all you awesome people.
     Happy Designing!

Check Out These Awesome Laurel Wreaths and Download Them Here

*I am linking up with these parties

13 Comments on How to Change the Color of Graphics Using PicMonkey

1. Miranda
    November 6, 2014 at 8:21 am (4 years ago)

Thank you, thank you for these graphics!!! I have been looking for the perfect finishing touch for my wedding invitations, place cards, etc. for my ‘rustic chic’ wedding. These wreath graphics are absolutely perfect! So grateful to have found these!

November 6, 2014 at 8:43 am (4 years ago)

Yay! That’s awesome Miranda! So glad you like them. 😀

2. e
    December 19, 2015 at 8:28 am (3 years ago)

Thanks! Now, how do I color inside of the design, too?

December 19, 2015 at 2:08 pm (3 years ago)

You can add a colored shape behind the object if you’d like.

3. Becky
    March 29, 2016 at 4:01 pm (3 years ago)

Hi! I LOVE your designs and am trying to use them for some of my wedding details! I used PicMonkey to change the color as you suggested, but once I save the image it seems to revert back to having a white background and is no longer vectored – do you know a way around this?

March 30, 2016 at 9:57 am (3 years ago)

Hi Becky! Yes, all you need to do is go to Canvas Color (under the Basic Edits tab), and check the box that says “Transparent Canvas.” After that, you just need to save the image as a .png file. Hope that helps! 🙂

4. Gene
    August 10, 2016 at 8:32 am (2 years ago)

Thank you, Miranda, you’re awesome!

5. JJ
    January 22, 2017 at 12:37 pm (2 years ago)

Thank you! I was doing this another way that worked only sometimes. This is THE correct way! Game changer.

January 23, 2017 at 8:53 am (2 years ago)

So glad it helped!!

6. Sandra Lutz
    April 16, 2017 at 1:28 pm (2 years ago)

Hi! Do I need to have a membership with PicMonkey to make this work? I don’t get the overlay box where I can choose a colour when I click on “your own” in the overlay section. Instead, I have 3-4 options to download an overlay from my computer, Facebook, etc. Any advice? Thanks!

April 17, 2017 at 1:18 pm (2 years ago)

Hi Sandra! You don’t need the paid version of PicMonkey to do this. After you click on “Add Your Own,” you need to select “My Computer” and locate the file you are trying to edit. Once you do that, the overlay panel will come up automatically. 🙂

• Elizabeth Houseman
        October 26, 2017 at 10:22 am (1 year ago)

Question- how do I save it once I have change it to the color I like without having a membership?

October 26, 2017 at 11:28 am (1 year ago)

Hi Elizabeth,

Since writing this post, unfortunately, PicMonkey has stopped offering a free version of their service. Another option that has come available is a design site called Canva. I would check them out if you want to be able to change the color of graphics/clip art without paying a monthly subscription fee. 🙂

The process is actually more intuitive with Canva anyway. Once you start a design, simply go to “Uploads” (bottom left), and click “Upload Your Own Images.”

Hope that helps!