This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. I wouldn’t recommend something that isn’t rad. #OREOCookieBalls #CollectiveBias
Ready to make the cutest desert your Thanksgiving dinner has ever seen? All you need are three ingredients and my printable template to create these adorable OREO cookie ball turkeys!
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- MIX cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- CUSTOMIZE it with your own ingredient additions or decorative skills.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.
- While your cookie balls are in the refrigerator, make your turkey heads and tails by printing off the template, cutting out the shapes, and gluing them to toothpicks. (Hint: one toothpick cut in half works perfectly for one turkey tail and one head)
- When cookie balls are firm, attach one head and one tail to each “body.”
Share and enjoy!
I love OREO cookie balls (but who doesn’t?)! And I love this recipe, because it is super simple, and you can customize it however you want. If you prefer peanut butter flavored OREOS, go for it—if you want to use milk chocolate candy melts to make brown turkeys, more power to you!
Plus, these OREO cookie ball turkeys are also a great way to get the little ones involved! Thanksgiving food-prep isn’t always something that children get to be a part of, but dressing up these OREO cookie balls to look like turkeys is definitely a fun way that they can help out and tell everyone at Thanksgiving dinner that they did.
You can find OREOS in the cookie isle at your local Walmart.
Enjoy making (and consuming) these adorable “gobblers!” They are sure to be a crowd favorite at your next Thanksgiving get together!!
What do you usually bring to Thanksgiving dinner?
*I am linking up to these parties