Tangled Paper Lantern - Designs By Miss Mandee

Tangled Paper Lantern

Oh my goodness you guys, I cannot tell you how excited I am for today’s post! As you may or may not be aware, I am slightly completely obsessed with all things Disney! And today, I’ve got an extra special Disney creation to share with you. This Tangled paper lantern is going to make your heart skip a beat, and then take your breath away!

Tangled Paper Lantern

Be sure to check out my other Disney paper lantern designs in this series!

I’ve been wanting to try my hand at making paper lanterns now for quite some time. Plus, I’ve made a new goal to make at least one Disney-themed design each month. So, naturally, when I thought of paper lanterns and Disney, the famous scene from Tangled came to mind. After that popped into my head, I absolutely had no other choice than to make it come to life!

To make these, I used my Cricut to cut out the template, cut some translucent velum for the windows, the folded and glued it all together. (A printable pdf version is included in the download if you don’t have a Cricut or Silhouette).

Tangled Paper Lantern

To learn how to assemble my paper lanterns, see this tutorial.

I use a Cricut Explore to do my die cut designs, and I absolutely love it! For tips on creating this delicate paper cut, see the FAQ section on my website.

Rapunzel is such a cute princess—I love how quirky and bubbly she is. And Flynn Rider is definitely one of the best Disney “princes,” in my opinion. I his rogue-ish demeanor and sarcastic nature give him so much more personality than we get to see from most of the other princes.

I believe that my love for Disney is genetic. My parents always loved to take us to Disneyland as kids (since I have 9 younger siblings—the youngest being 2—they technically still love taking the kids to Disneyland). And I’m lucky to have married a guy that is more than tolerant of my obsession. We went to Disney World for the first time last April, and I somehow talked him into going to Disneyland for this year’s vacation (in April again—just two months away—I’m SO excited)!

If you’re a fellow Disney-lover, then you’ll definitely want to check out some of the other Disney designs I’ve done; like these Disney Princess Silhouettes and their Disney Villain counterparts (more of those to come, for sure).

Wether you plan to use these pretty lanterns as part of your wedding centerpieces, child’s bedroom decor, or simply as an addition to your Disney collection, they are sure to make a beautiful statement!

Tangled Paper Lantern

Tangled Paper Lantern

*This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links.

19 Comments on Tangled Paper Lantern

1. Coleena Miller
    February 18, 2016 at 1:10 pm (1 year ago)

Wow! Very elegant and I love the Disney theme. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

February 18, 2016 at 1:18 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks Coleena! I’m glad you like them. ^_^

2. Teri@The Freshman Cook
    February 23, 2016 at 7:44 pm (1 year ago)

So cute and nicely done! Thank you for linking up and sharing at Celebrate It!

February 24, 2016 at 9:20 am (1 year ago)

Thanks Teri!

3. Pili
    February 27, 2016 at 12:29 pm (1 year ago)

My girls will love it, I think I need to put my Cameo to work! Thanks for sharing with us at #2usestuesday

February 29, 2016 at 9:29 am (1 year ago)

Ooo yay! Yes, definitely—I’m sure they will be ecstatic. 😀

4. Nat
    May 22, 2016 at 3:57 pm (1 year ago)

These are so amazing! I just need to buy some coloured card and then I’ll be right on these! Maybe The Little Mermaid themed lanterns could fit in with these, due to the boat scene and all. These are great!

May 23, 2016 at 12:01 am (1 year ago)

Thanks Nat! I’m so glad you like them—personally they are one of my favorite designs yet! Yes, little mermaid could be so fun too—there are so many I’d like to do. Have fun putting these together. ^_^

5. b
    August 18, 2016 at 9:38 pm (12 months ago)

Love!! These are amazing! Do you plan to make any other princess lanterns ?!?!?

August 19, 2016 at 2:57 pm (12 months ago)

Thank you! Yes, in fact, I’ve made some Aladdin paper lanterns since this was posted. And I do plan to make even more in the future. 🙂

6. Erin Smith
    December 29, 2016 at 3:04 pm (8 months ago)

I was really excited for these, for my Daughter’s party, but i keep getting errors 🙁 are the files no longer available?

December 30, 2016 at 10:24 am (8 months ago)

Hi Erin,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble! The files are definitely still available. I do know that Google Drive (where I host my files) was having some issues yesterday afternoon, though. Try again today, and feel free to email me at mandeethomas44@gmail.com if the errors persist.

Mandee

7. Erica
    January 16, 2017 at 12:33 pm (7 months ago)

Hello these are so gorgeous I have a cricut machine and I was just wondering how would I get the image onto my cricut machine or design space?

January 16, 2017 at 3:41 pm (7 months ago)

Thanks Erica! All you need to do is download the SVG file from my site, save it to your computer, and then upload it to Cricut Design Space. To do this, simply open Design Space, start a new project, and go to Upload Images>Upload Image>Browse and locate the file where you saved it on your computer. From there, you just send the file to cut like usual. All of my lanterns are sized to fit an 8.5″x11″ sheet of paper, but you can certainly do it larger if you’d like. 🙂

8. Karina
    February 8, 2017 at 11:02 pm (6 months ago)

Hi I think these are so amazingly cute and I was just wondering how I would be able to use the PDF without having a cricut machine?

February 9, 2017 at 9:11 am (6 months ago)

Thanks Karina! I’m glad you like it. ^_^

If you don’t have a cutting machine, you can use the pdf file to print out the design and cut it out by hand (with an X-acto knife or something similar). Admittedly, this is a much more tedious process, but the option is there.

9. Tanya Buffington
    February 17, 2017 at 4:56 pm (6 months ago)

absolutely fabulous work!! Thank you!

10. Grace
    February 21, 2017 at 3:21 pm (6 months ago)

Hello! These are beautiful! I was wondering if you would be able to place a light inside of these? I am having a disney wedding and our first dance is to I See the light. I would love to hang lanterns outside where our dance floor will be and have the lanterns light up. Would that be possible? Also, is there a charge for these downloads? I have a cricut already

February 28, 2017 at 11:43 am (6 months ago)

How cool! Yes, you can definitely place tea lights in these!! They just need to be the battery powered kind (otherwise you risk them catching fire). I’ve gotten these LED ones in the past: they are a good deal, and flicker nicely. 🙂

There is no charge for the design. Simply click on the “Download” button beneath the main image. All my files are free for personal use, so you are more than welcome to make as many as you’d like for your fun, Disney wedding!