It’s nearly the weekend—woot woot! All we have to do is get through this day, and we can kick back and relax. One of my very favorite ways to relax is by reading a book! Escaping into a different world for a while is just so therapeutic for me. I’ve talked about my love of reading before, and today I’d like to celebrate reading again with some adorable felt fox bookmarks.
I absolutely adore these little foxes! Now, every time I open up a book, they bring a little smile to my heart. And, the great thing is, they are so simple (and cheep) to make!
What You Need
- My Printable Template
- Hot Glue
- A Needle & Embroidery Thread (Optional)
How to Make
1. Print and cut out the template. (I’ve included two different sizes in the download. I’m using the smaller design for this tutorial.)
2. Trace the designs onto the felt and cut out the pieces.
3. Hot glue the white pieces onto the fox like so.
4. [Optional] Add a nose and some stitching around the edge of your fox for extra embellishment and cuteness.
With how simple and inexpensive they are, these felt fox bookmarks make a great rainy day craft (and we’ve been having quite a few rainy days ourselves). They would also make a fun and easy craft to help get the kiddos excited about reading.
I’m so excited to start using these woodland cuties! I’ve been reading up a storm this year—11 books and counting. At this rate I’ll definitely beat last year’s total (woo hoo).
I’ve designed bookmarks before (like these watercolor ones and these bohemian beauties), but this is my first go at making them out of felt. I like that these are a little more sturdy and unique! And who doesn’t love foxes?
Enjoy the template, and have fun making these foxy bookmarks!
*I am linking up to these parties