Reading Clip Art | Designs By Miss Mandee

Reading Clip Art

Get ready to expand your library—your graphics library that is! Today’s freebie is inspired by a Designs By Miss Mandee reader request, and one that I find personally endearing because of my great love for reading. Use this cute reading clip art to decorate your own bookmarks, create a school-themed scrapbook page, or add one of these adorable reading animals to your next design just for fun!

Reading Clip Art

When I thought of doing a reading-themed graphics set, I knew I had to include some cute woodland animals. Those little guys are by far my favorite part of this clip art group!

Like I said, and I’ve mentioned before, I LOVE to read. Reading is my absolute favorite way to relax and have “me-time.” Last year, I started using Goodreads to get recommendations and track the books I finished. Personally, I found it really useful, and I’ve loved reading reviews when I finish a book to see if other people felt the same way about plot points, characters, etc.

At the beginning of the year, I set a goal to read 24 books. Then March rolled around, and I was already half-way there (I was a reading machine at the start of the year); so, I decided to up my goal to 40 books. I am pleased to report that I surpassed my goal: completing a total of 43 books in the year 2016 (yippee)! And, thanks to Goodreads, I know that those books totaled over 20,000 pages, each one having an average page length of 465 pages (pretty cool)!

Reading Clip Art

Anyway, this post probably sounds really braggy, sorry. I just wanted to share my excitement for reaching one of my 2016 goals. I’ll also be working toward the same goal in 2017, so I’ll need you guys to keep me accountable!

For all my fellow reading fanatics, I hope you enjoy the new, hand drawn reading clip art! What was your favorite read of 2016?

P.S. Just in case you are interested, here is a snapshot of some of the books I read last year (most of which fall into the YA category, I know…don’t judge me).

Reading Clip Art

14 Comments on Reading Clip Art

1. Cindy Gillespie
    January 12, 2017 at 6:22 am (2 years ago)

Thank you!!!!! Wonderful work once again!!!

January 12, 2017 at 9:10 am (2 years ago)

Thank you Cindy! ^_^

2. kendell
    January 12, 2017 at 6:47 am (2 years ago)

Thanks for sharing

January 12, 2017 at 9:10 am (2 years ago)

You’re very welcome Kendell! Glad you like them. 😀

3. Mahriya
    January 12, 2017 at 10:04 am (2 years ago)

OMG! Thanks so much for actually creating my request! These are so cool, cute and neat (As always) I’m downloading these NOW! Again, thanks! I will be sure to change my design now to add these graphics.

January 12, 2017 at 11:55 am (2 years ago)

Glad you like them Mahriya! And I’m pleased that you’ll be able to utilize them. Thanks for the suggestion! ^_^

4. Donna
    January 12, 2017 at 11:16 am (2 years ago)

Just wanted to say thank you so very much for sharing 🙂 Have a wonderful day!

January 12, 2017 at 11:57 am (2 years ago)

You’re welcome Donna! Thanks for your support. 🙂

5. Lis
    January 12, 2017 at 12:17 pm (2 years ago)

Do you sketch on paper then scan and trace? If so, what are your Illustrator trace settings?

January 12, 2017 at 3:49 pm (2 years ago)

Yes, that’s exactly what I do! It depends on how dark the drawing is to begin with (pencil drawings always require a higher threshold than ink). I usually just play with the threshold until it’s where I like, then select “Ignore White,” and Image Trace>Expand to finish. I leave everything else pretty much to the default settings. Feel free to check out this tutorial I made about it if you’d like.

• Lis
        January 12, 2017 at 10:22 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks!

6. Maureen Rossi
    January 13, 2017 at 10:22 am (2 years ago)

I love your Beauty & The Beast Lantern, I have tried to download it with not luck.

January 13, 2017 at 12:27 pm (2 years ago)

Hi Maureen,

To download any of the files on my website, simply click the “download” button. From there, you will be taken to where the file is hosted on Google Drive. You can download the zip file to your computer by clicking the arrow button above the file list (upper right hand corner).

Note: If you are on a tablet or mobile device, you will need an app that can unzip files.

Hope that helps!

Mandee

7. Breon Randon
    January 13, 2017 at 10:07 pm (2 years ago)

Thank you! These are wonderful! I have pictures of my 1-year-old reading with her fox 🙂