Cinderella Paper Lantern - Designs By Miss Mandee

Cinderella Paper Lantern

A dream is a wish your heart makes, and, today, your wishes are coming true! The newest addition to my Disney Paper Lanterns series is here, and I think you’re going to love it! When I sent out a survey earlier this year to see what Disney film I should base my next paper lantern design on, this one was a SUPER close second. So, without further adieu, I give you the lovely, the enchanting, Cinderella paper lantern!

Cinderella Paper Lantern

There are so many iconic scenes from Cinderella—I had the hardest time ever trying to figure out exactly what I wanted to include and how to include it. In the end, I knew I needed at least: (1) adorable mice, (2) a standout glass slipper, (3) a pumpkin carriage, and (4) the Fairy Godmother working her magic to make Cinderella the perfect dress for the ball.

Cinderella Paper Lantern

In the end I got almost everything I wanted. You guys have no idea how hard I tried to work Cinderella’s iconic castle into the design. I wanted it to work, I tried every scale/perspective imaginable; but, in the end, it just wasn’t meant to be. But maybe it’s ok to not to include a castle for once (10 points if you can name the other three paper lantern designs I’ve created that feature a castle).

Cinderella Paper Lantern

To learn how to assemble my paper lanterns, see this tutorial.

I use a Cricut Explore to do my die cut designs, and I absolutely love it! For tips on creating this delicate paper cut, see the FAQ section on my website.

Like most all my paper lanterns, removing the final design from your cutting mat is as much of an art as the cut itself. With this one, make sure to take particular care in the “mouse making a dress” scene—that book outline is quite fragile.

Cinderella Paper Lantern

If you haven’t seen the other lanterns I’ve created as part of my Disney Paper Lanterns Series, you definitely need to check them out:

I hope this Cinderella paper lantern is everything you hoped it would be, and that you find it as exquisite as I do! Oh, and remember: if you keep on believing, the dreams that you wish will come true!

Cinderella Paper Lantern Cinderella Paper Lantern

*This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links.

13 Comments on Cinderella Paper Lantern

1. Jennifer stewart
    February 16, 2017 at 7:00 am (1 week ago)

Omg these are so perfect!!! I’m throwing my daughter a huge princess party in November and each table will be a different princess! These will be perfect on the table centerpieces❤️ Thank you for taking the time to make these!!!!

February 16, 2017 at 8:59 am (1 week ago)

How sweet! She is totally going to love it!! You’re very welcome. Have fun putting these beauties together. ^_^

2. Juanita Williams
    February 16, 2017 at 7:02 am (1 week ago)

This is beautiful. Thank you some much for all the hard work you did for us.

February 16, 2017 at 9:00 am (1 week ago)

You’re welcome Juanita! These lanterns are definitely a lot of work to design, but they are very close to my heart. 😀

3. Priscilla
    February 16, 2017 at 8:06 am (1 week ago)

The paper lanterns are beautiful. I just found them yesterday and am so excited to try it hopefully tonight! I was wondering if there was anyway you can do a snow white one? My sister loves snow white so I know she would flip if she had one!

February 16, 2017 at 9:02 am (1 week ago)

Thanks Priscilla! I’m so happy that you like my Disney Paper Lanterns! There are so many designs and ideas I have in the works. I can’t make any promises right now, but stay tuned, because Snow White is definitely on the list. ^_^

4. gofrogs
    February 16, 2017 at 6:39 pm (1 week ago)

amazing work, once again! Just love these!

5. Julie marson
    February 16, 2017 at 9:53 pm (1 week ago)

Thank you again for sharing your beautiful lanterns. I love each and every one of them. Looking forward to a Princess party for my grand-daughters. i love your work and your designs show how much you love making them. Thanks again.

February 17, 2017 at 11:20 am (6 days ago)

Aww, thank you Julie! I’m glad you like them. ^_^ Have fun creating a magical party for your granddaughters!!

6. diane
    February 17, 2017 at 4:20 am (7 days ago)

Just found you and your beautiful lanterns, can’t wait to make them. Thank you so much for your time and generosity.

February 17, 2017 at 11:21 am (6 days ago)

Yay! Have fun making them. Thanks for your kind words. 😀

7. CyndiM
    February 17, 2017 at 5:39 am (7 days ago)

SOOO beautiful!! I love this series, and will look forward to the next one! Some of us never outgrow our love for princesses!!

February 17, 2017 at 11:22 am (6 days ago)

Glad I’m not the only one who hasn’t grown out of the princess phase. 😉 So glad you like my lanterns Cyndi!