If you’ve got a party or family get together coming up, then this freebie is for you! Minute to Win It games are a great way to have tons of fun on the cheap. Earlier this week, we played Minute to Win It games with the church youth group I oversee, and it was a blast! For the winners, we awarded some mystery prizes along with these fun little certificates. Today, I thought I’d share this simple printable with you, so that you can totally rock your next game night!
It’s amazing how much fun you can have with a few simple, household objects! Here are some of the games we played:
- Puddle Jumper (Supplies needed: cups and pin pong balls)
- Elephant March (Supplies needed: pantyhose, tennis balls, and water bottles/cups)
- Chopsticks & Marshmallow (Supplies needed: chopsticks, mini marshmallows, and plates)
- Cookie Face (Supplies needed: cookies…and a face)
- Back Flip (Supplies needed: pencils)
- Bite Me (Supplies needed: paper bags)
I also kept a scoreboard to tally up the points as we went along. 5 points to the team that won the round, 3 points to 2nd place, 2 points to 3rd, and a bonus point if the team was able to complete the task within one minute.
For example, if Team 1 completed a task in 1.45 minutes, Team 2 completed it in 38 seconds, Team 3 completed it in 47 seconds, and Team 4 completed it in 1.2 minutes, then Team 1 would get 0 points, Team 2 would get 6, Team 3 would get 4 points, and Team 4 would get 2 points.
Obviously, you can rework the point system to fit your needs based on how many teams/participants you have, but that’s how we did it.
Enjoy the printable! And enjoy the friendly competition of Minute to Win It!