Sleeping Beauty Paper Lantern - Designs By Miss Mandee

Sleeping Beauty Paper Lantern

“I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream.” Well, you’re not just dreaming today—I’ve got a new Disney paper lantern design I’ve been hard at work on, and I can’t wait to share it with you today! The long awaited Sleeping Beauty paper lantern is here! Experience the magical, iconic moment of true love’s kiss in this stunning new design.

Sleeping Beauty Paper Lantern

Be sure to check out my other Disney paper lantern designs in this series!

Aurora was my favorite princess when I was a little girl. I remember when we went to Disneyland for the first time, I was so excited to meet her! Can you tell?

Sleeping Beauty Paper Lantern

And even though I would later become more obsessed with Belle and Megara (because they have brown hair, like me), I still have a special place in my heart for Sleeping Beauty.

Sleeping Beauty Paper Lantern

This design is a little different than most of my other ones. For the top of the lantern, I decided to design a pattern reminiscent of a particular object related to this princess. See if you can discover what that might be! I also tried to mimic the archways from the castle in the movie in the way the top of the lantern and the windows are shaped. Overall, I like the subtle way this design calls to the Sleeping Beauty story and imagery.

Sleeping Beauty Paper Lantern

To learn how to assemble my paper lanterns, see this tutorial.

I use a Cricut Explore to do my die cut designs, and I absolutely love it! For tips on creating this delicate paper cut, see the FAQ section on my website.

Like most all my paper lanterns, removing the final design from your cutting mat is as much of an art as the cut itself, so be sure to go slowly.

Sleeping Beauty Paper Lantern

Sleeping Beauty Paper Lantern

If you missed it last week, be sure to check out my new set of Disney Princess silhouettes as well (which includes, you guessed it: Sleeping Beauty)!

Enjoy my latest Disney creation! What plans do you have for this lovely, Sleeping Beauty paper lantern?

Sleeping Beauty Paper Lantern Sleeping Beauty Paper Lantern

*This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links.

8 Comments on Sleeping Beauty Paper Lantern

1. Janalee Kate
    September 21, 2017 at 6:28 pm (4 weeks ago)

Love it! Design is so intricate. . . .
    And love your adorable photo. . .!
    Precious little girl. 🙂

September 22, 2017 at 8:51 am (4 weeks ago)

Aww, thank you! ^_^

2. Kathy Kelley
    September 24, 2017 at 8:08 am (4 weeks ago)

You are just as sweet as your picture! Thank you so much for sharing your hard work. Such a clever idea incorporating a little Disney fantasy into a lantern. It would be so cute in a girls room. I don’t have any little girls, so I will have to make it for a friend.

September 25, 2017 at 10:03 am (3 weeks ago)

Thanks for your kind words Kathy! I appreciate it. Have fun making this lantern!!

3. shell
    September 28, 2017 at 10:32 pm (3 weeks ago)

your work is fantastic wish i could get the file for my silhouette studio

September 29, 2017 at 8:57 am (3 weeks ago)

Yes, I believe you need the designer edition on Silhouette Studio to directly import SVG files. There is a workaround, though. You can find it here.

4. Kathy C.
    October 10, 2017 at 11:38 pm (1 week ago)

I love the Disney Princess lanterns. I have 2 granddaughters who are obsessed with the princesses! This will make a nice surprise nightlight when we visit them. One thing I especially like which I haven’t seen in other artist’s lantern is the bottom piece. This will make it more durable for little hands. Thanks for all your hard work and willingness to share.

October 11, 2017 at 8:58 am (1 week ago)

That’s so sweet! I’m sure your granddaughters will love that!! Thank you for your kind words. I’m so glad that you like my designs!