Monsters, Inc. Paper Lantern | Designs By Miss Mandee

Monsters, Inc. Paper Lantern

It’s here! The Thomas family vacation to Disney World, that is. We take off tomorrow morning, and I am positively giddy. But, before I go, I wanted to spread some of my excitement around by sharing a brand new installment to my Disney Paper Lanterns series. Take a peek into the door of your choosing and see what awaits you on the other side in this Monsters, Inc. paper lantern.

Monsters, Inc. Paper Lantern

As we’ve been getting ready for our big trip, I’ve been prepping Davian by having him watch just about every Disney movie ever made (except for Song of the South because literally no one has ever seen that movie—NO ONE). Even though Monsters, Inc. isn’t one the “original classics,” it was the very first one we watched together because I knew he would get a kick out of it. He was engaged the whole, time and followed the story better than I expected. He even recognized that the ending was “so sad.”

Monsters, Inc. Paper Lantern

With most of my paper lanterns it’s the characters/scenes inside each of the panels that steals the show. With these ones, though the characters are iconic and fun, I think the panels (doors) themselves bring so much personality to the overall design.

Monsters, Inc. Paper Lantern

To learn how to assemble my paper lanterns, see this tutorial.

I use a Cricut Explore to do my die cut designs, and I absolutely love it! For tips on creating this delicate paper cut, see the FAQ section on my website.

Like most all my paper lanterns, removing the final design from your cutting mat is as much of an art as the cut itself, so be sure to go slowly.

Monsters, Inc. Paper Lantern Monsters, Inc. Paper Lantern

Enjoy assembling this fun Monsters, Inc. paper lantern! Will you be making this cutie for yourself or another Disney/Pixar fan you know?

Monsters, Inc. Paper Lantern

*This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links.

10 Comments on Monsters, Inc. Paper Lantern

1. Charlotte Silber
    May 29, 2018 at 8:44 am (3 months ago)

Thank you. So cute. all the best characters

May 29, 2018 at 9:53 am (3 months ago)

I know, aren’t they fun!? Thanks for the kind words Charlotte. ^_^

2. Marion
    May 29, 2018 at 1:31 pm (3 months ago)

Thanks for sharing. I haven’t cut any as of yet. Just love them. Are there score lines?

May 29, 2018 at 3:29 pm (3 months ago)

You’re welcome Marion! Thanks for being a fan!! I don’t add score lines to my files for a few reasons: (1) Adding score lines into a file outside of your cutting software only works for Cricut (not Silhouette or Brother Scan n Cut), (2) Even with Cricut, there are about 5 other steps you have to do after you import the design, and (3) I know that if I did end up including the score lines, even if I made a tutorial, I would spend a TON of time trying to answer people’s questions and troubleshoot for them. XD

Anyway, I’m sorry, I know it would definitely make it easier! Maybe one day it will be a less complicated process, and then I’ll be able to do it. 🙂

3. fanchon
    May 29, 2018 at 3:09 pm (3 months ago)

Merci Mandee pour cette nouvelle lanterne toute mignonne !
    J’ai une scanNcut de Brother pour les couper .
    Bisou

May 29, 2018 at 3:49 pm (3 months ago)

You’re so welcome! Have fun making it!! ^_^

4. Janalee
    May 29, 2018 at 4:39 pm (3 months ago)

These are adorable! LOVE Monsters Inc.!

May 29, 2018 at 10:35 pm (3 months ago)

Thank you!! ^_^

5. Katie
    June 8, 2018 at 8:45 pm (2 months ago)

Are we able to purchase this file? If so how?

June 11, 2018 at 8:22 am (2 months ago)

Hi Katie! The file is free to download for personal use. Simply click the “Download” button below the main image. Feel free to check out my FAQ page for more detailed instructions and screenshots. 🙂