This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. I wouldn’t recommend something that isn’t rad. #ShareFunshine #CollectiveBias
The first day of summer is two days away! You’ve probably already been enjoying the warm weather and extended hours of sunshine—I know I have. And today I’ve got a tutorial to share that will definitely get you in the summer crafting mood! Learn how to make Leis with M&M’s® and enjoy some sweet Hawaiian clip art as well.
My family is Hawaiian, and leis of all sorts are a common site at numerous events! Flower leis, yarn leis, money leis (if you’re lucky), and candy leis. Flower leis can be quite expensive, (and harder to get ahold of in Utah than Hawaii), so candy leis have become our go-to lei for celebrations.
Here is how you can make a fun candy lei using M&M’s®:
- Saran Wrap
- Tulle or Ribbon
- Your favorite M&M’s®
- Tear off a long section (about 3′) of saran wrap and lay it out on a flat surface.
- Evenly distribute M&M’s® all the way across the center of your saran wrap.
- Roll your saran wrap encasing your line of M&M’s®. Pinch ends so that M&M’s® don’t get pushed out.
- Cut your tulle or ribbon into small pieces. Tie around lei every few inches, sectioning off M&M’s®.
- Connect the two ends and tie your last piece of tulle or ribbon around to hold them together.
Here are some pictures of the process:
Honestly, this is the first time I’ve used tulle instead of ribbon, but I’m really happy with how it turned out! Makes the lei a little…fluffier!
The XXL bags are awesome for this project, and they are available in all three varieties: M&M’s® Original, M&M’s® Crispy, & M&M’s® Peanut! Use these for tons of activities throughout the summer including events with more than just a few guests.
Pick up some XXL bags of M&M’s® at your local Sam’s Club
Do you have any fun plans for these leis? Maybe a summer luau party? If so, Hawaiian clip are is sure to come in handy.
You can use these colorful Hawaiian motifs as appliqués for your leis, cupcake toppers, as part of a banner, you name it!
How do you plan to use the XXL big bag of M&M’s® and my Hawaiian clip are this summer?
*I am linking up to these parties