This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. I wouldn’t recommend something that isn’t rad. #SendHallmark #CollectiveBias
It’s December! Can you believe it? Here in Utah, we officially have snow on the ground, so everything looks very festive. Today, I’m so excited to be posting about one of my favorite things about this season—sending out and receiving holiday cards! I love opening my mailbox are getting cute cards and photos from friends and family. But once the cards come inside the house, if they don’t have a place to go, they become clutter. My solution to this has been to tape them on the fridge or closet door (lame), but this year, I’ve come up with a much more “merry” solution: this DIY Christmas card holder!
I’m so excited about how this turned out! It was so much fun to put together. This would be a great craft for a family get together or Relief Society activity! Download my template (comes in both svg and pdf), grab your supplies, and follow my instructions to make your own totally awesome, DIY Christmas card holder.
What you Need
- A piece of wood
- Paint and/or wood stain
- Paint brushes
- Card stock of choice
- My design template
- Mod Podge
- A drill or staple gun
- Twine or ribbon
- Mini clothes pins
How to Make
1. Paint or stain your wood. I used an off-white, chalky finish spray paint for mine, but it’s hard to tell in the photo.
2. Once your base color is dry, use the dashed part of my template to give your sign a “vintage envelope” border.
3. Coat sign with a layer of Mod Podge. Place your Merry Mail cut out in the center, and cover with and even layer of Mod Podge, making sure to follow the grain of the wood.
4. Drill holes in the bottom of your sign, or use a staple gun to attach twine/ribbon to back of sign if wood panel is flat.
5. Pull twine/ribbon through drilled holes and tie a knot.
6. Start hanging up all your pretty holiday cards!
Simply marvelous! And very merry. Wouldn’t you agree?
And if you’re looking for some gorgeous holiday cards, you can be sure that Hallmark will have something for everyone on your list. Seriously, have you seen their selection? It’s incredible. I especially love this Olaf one I got for my little sister!
Also, as a self-proclaimed laurel wreath fanatic, I’m a big fan of their Christmas branding this year.
Click here to save $1.00 off of a two Hallmark Greeting Card purchase at Walmart, minimum $1.00 purchase required. Take advantage of the savings and #SendHallmark this holiday season!
Also, don’t miss this in-store coupon for $2 off any 3-card purchase (minimum $2 purchase required). Grab yours at your local Walmart.
And, who doesn’t love Hallmark ornaments? While your picking out your Christmas cards, you can pick out a special ornament for your tree.
I hope you have as much fun making your Merry Mail organizer as I did. We are totally going to rock this Christmas thing! Who are you most looking forward to getting a card from this year?
* I am linking up to these parties