This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. I wouldn’t recommend something that isn’t rad. #EasterSweets #CollectiveBias
Happy leap day everyone! An exciting and special day like this deserves an exciting and special DIY, don’t you think? I thought so too—cue the music! …Ok, there’s no music. But that’s not going to stop us, because these adorable animal Easter treats are playing your tune.
What did I tell you—adorable, right? And putting them together is as simple as can be.
What you Need
- Card Stock
- My Printable
- Scissors or Cutting Machine
- Small Cellophane Bags
- Lollipop Sticks
- Easter M&M’s White Strawberry Shortcake
- Starburst Sweet & Sour Jellybeans
- Bakers Twine
- Hot Glue
- Floral Foam (to arrange the finished treats)
How to Make
1. Print the design, and cut out the animal shapes. There is a color printable version (for printing on white paper) and an outline template (for printing on separate pieces of colored card stock), depending on your preference. If you have a cutting machine, I’ve also included separate SVG files in the download.
2. Fill small cellophane bags about half way with the colored M&M’s and jellybeans of your choice. (I used the lighter colored M&M’s for the sheep and rabbits, and the bold yellow and blue jellybeans for the chick and bird.)
(Hint: One bag of Easter M&M’s White Strawberry Shortcake fills about 5 small cellophane bags. Also, one bag of Starburst Jellybeans has enough of each color to fill about one small cellophane bag. That’s why I also grabbed a bag of Starburst Tropical Jellybeans to make some more later.)
3. Next, insert a lollipop stick into each one of the bags and tie some bakers twine tightly around the bag/stick.
4. Using hot glue, add the animal ears, hair, and bows.
(Hint: only use a small amount of hot glue, or you will melt a hole in your bag.)
5. Use markers to draw cute little faces for on your animals.
7. Put some floral foam at the base of your Easter basket, arrange your finished animals inside, top it off with some crinkle paper, and experience a cuteness overload!
And don’t those Easter DOVE Peanut Butter Eggs and DOVE Milk Chocolate Bunny just top it off so nicely?
Bunnies have always been one of my favorite animals (just one more reason for Easter to be my favorite holiday); but after putting these together, I’ve got to say, I’ve really fallen in love with lambs. I mean, just look at that little face—too cute!
I really love these M&M’s White Strawberry Shortcake! Not only are they super yummy, but the coloring is just lovely—perfect for spring. M&M’s White Strawberry Shortcake are a special variety for Easter, and their only at Target. Also, Target Super Stores will be hosting a sampling event on March 20th.
Enjoy the free printable, and have fun putting together these adorable animals! What are some of your favorite Easter treats?
*I am linking up to these parties