I’m back! My hubby and I had a magical time at Disneyland last week, but now, I suppose, it’s time to get back to the real world…or not! Today I’m making the Disney magic last even longer, and sharing some of my favorite creations to date: these whimsical, DIY Disney patches.
Seriously you guys, how cute are these? And I’m not kidding—I really had a blast putting these together. Whether you’re just making one to represent your favorite character, or busting out the whole collection, you’re definitely in for a good time!
What You Need
- My Printable Template
- Hot Glue
- Safety Pins
- A Needle & Thread
Felt & Thread Colors
- Felt: Light Purple, Light Pink, White, Yellow
- Thread: Yellow
- Felt: Light Blue, Black, White
- Thread: Black
- Felt: Teal, Light Blue, Yellow
- Thread: Beige
- Felt: Yellow, Dark Yellow, Green, Red
- Thread: White, Dark Yellow
- Felt: Brown, Yellow, Dark Yellow, Blue
- Thread: Yellow
- Felt: Light Green, Green, Brown, Dark Yellow, Red
- Thread: Brown
How to Make
1. Print out my template, cut out the pieces for the patch you’d like to make (I will be making the Belle patch for this tutorial). Trace the template onto your felt, and cut out the felt pieces.
2. Use hot glue to attach the pieces. (Hint: I’ve included a “cheat sheet” in the second page of the pfd download for your reference.)
3. Use a needle and thread to add extra embellishments to your patch.
4. Use a small piece of felt and got glue to attach a safety pin to the backside of your patch.
I love everything about these! They are super affordable, super cute, and something totally unique.
I got the idea for these when I was thinking about my trip to Disneyland and the accessories I planned to bring. I have kind of a HUGE obsession with Disney hair bows (the ones from Hot Topic and some I make myself), but, the only problem with bows is that you can only wear one each day. I thought it would be fun to make some accessories for my backpack that I could show off multiple at a time. Voila! These cute patches were born.
Which one is your favorite? I can’t decide between Rapunzel and Hercules.
I had so much fun wearing these around at the park! People asked me where I got them, and it was fun to say, “I made them myself.” One woman insisted I sell them on Etsy, but you guys know I like sharing my printables with you too much.
If you like these cuties, you should definitely check out the Disney photo overlays I shared last week. You can never get enough Disney, am I right?
There you have it! I hope you enjoy these designs as much as I do. And whether you plan to show them off on your next trip to Disneyland or make them just for fun, they are sure to make your Disney-loving heart smile.
*All Disney-inspired designs on this site are unofficial, fan creations and not associated with the Disney cooperation.