This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. I wouldn’t recommend something that isn’t rad. #CentrumFunFlavors #CollectiveBias
Wake up, go to work, come home, make dinner, blog, read a book, repeat (insert going to the gym less frequently than I should). This is my basic schedule. I get up early, I go to bed late, and it seems like I’m always in a hurry. Whether my life is crazy hectic or not, I always seem to wait until the last minute to head out the door (I blame it on my Hawaiian blood). Because I’m usually in such a hurry (particularly in the morning), I often leave a strand of hair unpinned, forget to put on earrings, or take my daily vitamins. If you can relate, I’ve got a fun project just for you: a DIY “on the go” pouch.
Simple, but cute, don’t you think? I’m all about personalizing things lately. It’s fun to add something like a monogram to give DIY projects an extra special touch and really make it your own.
I love the practicality and versatility of this pouch! It’s perfect for storing bobby pins, earrings, vitamins, you name it, and fits in your purse, car, desk, or wherever you typically find yourself needing things you tend to forget on your way out the door. Plus, it’s a fun and inexpensive DIY you can make with things you’ve already got in your craft supply.
What You Need
- Beads (optional)
- My Monogram Template
- Iron-on Vinyl
- An Iron
How To Make
1. Start with a 9″x12″ sheet of felt. Cut out two rectangles on the same side: one about 3.5″x3″ and the other about 4.5″x3″.
(Hint: the finished product is going to be a pouch that is approximately 6″x4″ big.)
2. Take the flap on the side of your fabric, and fold it over. Sew the bottom and side, leaving the top open (this is going to make a pocket for the inside of your pouch).
3. Fold up the bottom of your fabric so it aligns with your pocket. Sew both sides.
4. Add some ribbon or string to your pouch to act as a fastener. To do this, I sewed one end of a string inside my pouch and used beads to weight it, but you could just sew your string/ribbon to the backside of the pouch and tie it closed if you prefer. You could also sew on a button and string loop to the front if you’d like.
5. Add your monogram. Download my file, cut it out, and iron it on according to the instructions that come with your vinyl.
The finished product: a lovely, handmade pouch to hold the treasures of your choosing.
Like I mentioned, one of the things I’m always forgetting is to take my vitamins. Centrum vitamins are my favorite because not only do they keep me healthy, but they taste great (not always an easy combo to find with vitamins). I’ve always been a fan of gummy vitamins (yes, they make those for adults too), but their new raspberry Vitamints are really good too! Any good-tasting vitamins you get to chew are winners in my book.
Have fun making your own cute “on-the-go” pouch! I hope you like my monogram designs, and enjoy staying healthy with simple solutions like Centrum Gummies and Vitamints.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
**This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links.