This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. I wouldn’t recommend something that isn’t rad. #CelebrateAllSummer #CollectiveBias
Let’s get crafty and celebrate summer birthdays! My BFF’s birthday is coming up in a couple weeks, and I thought it would be fun to make her something unique. Whether you have someone special to celebrate, or are just looking for some new wall decor for your home, this felt feather and yarn wall hanging is sure to fit the bill!
This wall hanging turned out even lovelier than I imagined. I’m definitely going to need to make another one for myself now!
What You Need
- My Feather Templates
- Fabric Scissors
- Hot Glue
- Medium/Large Metal Ring
- Gold Spray Paint (optional)
How To Make
1. Use my feather templates to trace and cut out as many feathers as you’d like. Use a variety of felt colors to add variation to your piece.
2. Spray paint the metal ring. (This part is optional, but I’ve been obsessed with this brushed gold look lately, and couldn’t resist.)
3. Cut yarn into pieces about 1 yard long. Loop onto your metal ring, and pull tight.
(Hint: you can do this with single stands of yarn, bunches or yarn, or a variation of both like I did.)
4. Trim the bottom of the yarn to your desired shape, attach your feathers, and admire your masterpiece!
Simply stunning! I love that you can get as creative as you’d like with this project, and make it a one-of-a-kind art piece.
One of the best parts about creating a special, DIY gift like this one, in my opinion, is finding the perfect card to pair it with. I can’t really explain why, but when I saw this cute llama card, I just knew it would make my BFF smile, and I had to get it!
I think cards are a great way to recognize any occasion—big or small. Since my in-laws live in a different state, they always make a point to send us cards for birthdays, anniversaries, and every event in between. I know how much I appreciate getting these cards, and have been trying to make more of a point to send/give cards to my friends and loved ones as well. A few simple words really can mean the world to someone!
Enjoy making this beautiful felt feather and yarn wall hanging! Will you be making this for yourself, giving it as a birthday gift, or possibly gifting it for another occasion as a “random acts of cardness?”