Die Cut 3D Letters | Designs By Miss Mandee

Die Cut 3D Letters

Great news—I’ve got another fun, 3D craft comin’ at ya! This is one I’ve had in the works for a while now, and I’m super excited to be sharing it with you today. Gather up some cardstock and get those creative juices flowing with my new, die cut 3D letters!

Die Cut 3D Letters

I’m not kidding when I say that I’ve had these templates in the works for quite some time. I came up with the idea to make my own 3D, display-style letters a few months ago, and once I started actually working on the templates, I realized that this was going to be much more time-intensive than I had originally thought.

Making all the tabs, placing all the score lines in the correct locations, and getting the measurements just right (for all 26 letters, mind you) was quite the ordeal. BUT, I pushed through, and, because of that, I’m exceptionally excited to be sharing the finished results of my labor with you!

Die Cut 3D Letters

Putting these letters together is a lot of fun! And you can make them a couple of different ways:

1. Make a Solid Letter: make two copies of the letter shape itself and attach the side pieces to both.
  2. Make a Hollow Letter: make a single copy of the letter shape and simply attach the side pieces to it.

I went with the second option, as you can tell, because I wanted to fill it in with some pretty silk flowers. Feel free to get creative with what you fill you letter in with: pebbles, succulents, candy, etc. And if you make a solid letter shape, you have a lot of options for decorating it as well: draw or stamp a fun design, add washi tape accents, or wrap the whole thing in twine for a trendy, rustic look.

Die Cut 3D Letters

Something to Note

Like I mentioned, these letters are quite simple to put together, especially if you have a Cricut and are able to make use of the files that include score lines (just be sure to attach them to your shapes before sending them to cut)! But knowing exactly which side pieces to attach where can be a little confusing, so I would definitely recommend using the PDF template as a reference in that regard.

I hope to make a video tutorial in the near future to better show the process of putting one of these letters together, so stay tuned for that.

Die Cut 3D Letters

Also, I’d just like to give a warm welcome to the newest member of our family: Cressida Ailani Thomas! Baby Cressida came into our lives last Friday, and we couldn’t be more thrilled to have her here (and I couldn’t be more thrilled to finally have another girl in the family)!

Die Cut 3D Letters

I use Adobe Illustrator for all of my designs, and a Cricut Maker to bring my creations to life. For tips on creating fun paper cuts like this one, see the FAQ section on my website. Also, be sure to check out the other awesome die cut freebies available on my blog!

Enjoy putting these die cut 3D letters to use! How do you plan to use/display these fun letters?

Die Cut 3D Letters

31 Comments on Die Cut 3D Letters

1. LEANNE MCNICHOLAS
    September 25, 2019 at 6:09 am (3 weeks ago)

Thank you so much for all of your creations. They are all so wonderfully crafted. I really appreciate you taking the time to make these and share them.

September 25, 2019 at 2:51 pm (3 weeks ago)

Aww, thank you Leanne! I’m so glad you enjoy my designs!! 😊

2. Tracey
    September 25, 2019 at 6:19 am (3 weeks ago)

Thanks for all your hard work and freebies. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your baby girl is beautiful!!!!

September 25, 2019 at 2:52 pm (3 weeks ago)

You’re very welcome Tracey! And thank you!! I’m so excited to have her here with me!!

September 25, 2019 at 6:43 am (3 weeks ago)

Congratulations, Cressida is adorable. Thank you so much for sharing your photo of her and thank you for all your hard work creating the files that you share. You also have spectacular skill with a camera, your website is filled with beautiful photos.

September 25, 2019 at 2:52 pm (3 weeks ago)

Aww, thank you Kathy! You are too kind. 😊

4. Brenda Weidman
    September 25, 2019 at 6:51 am (3 weeks ago)

Congratulations on your new baby girl she is beautiful.. Thank you for all you for all the work you do and sharing your great ideas wit us, your amazing.

September 25, 2019 at 2:54 pm (3 weeks ago)

You are so sweet Brenda! I’m glad you enjoy my work!!

5. Terry S.
    September 25, 2019 at 8:13 am (3 weeks ago)

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby girl! And thank you for sharing your talent and creations.

September 25, 2019 at 2:55 pm (3 weeks ago)

Thank you Terry!! It’s great to have her here. 😊

6. Dawn
    September 25, 2019 at 12:26 pm (3 weeks ago)

Congratulations on you beautiful baby girl. Thank you for all your hard work and sharing with us. Letters couldn’t come at a better time. My son wedding coming up. Another project to do. Thank you again xx dawn

September 25, 2019 at 2:55 pm (3 weeks ago)

How perfect!! These would definitely be great for a wedding! 😀

7. Rowena R. Camacho
    September 25, 2019 at 1:37 pm (3 weeks ago)

Congratulations … You are very blessed. Thank you for sharing all your beautiful creations.

September 25, 2019 at 2:57 pm (3 weeks ago)

You are very welcome! And thank you! I’m so excited that this baby has come into my life. 😊

8. Lucila Cordova
    September 25, 2019 at 3:20 pm (3 weeks ago)

Thank you so much for your lovely designs and always for making time to share your creations with us. Congratulations on your baby girl! I’m sure your angel is happy to join her family and may you all be bless.

September 26, 2019 at 10:40 am (3 weeks ago)

Aww, thank you so much Lucila! That means a lot. 😊

9. Sue Nichols
    September 25, 2019 at 4:45 pm (3 weeks ago)

Oh! Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby daughter! Thank you for your generosity in sharing so many svgs with us! 😘

September 26, 2019 at 10:41 am (3 weeks ago)

Thanks Sue! We are so excited to have her here!! And you are very welcome. I’m glad you enjoy my designs. 😀

10. Margaret
    September 25, 2019 at 7:10 pm (3 weeks ago)

Mandee, I can’t thank you enough for sharing this project! This is something I have wanted to do for a long time and now I’ll be able to.

Your new gift from God is beautiful and I hope you collect all the snuggles you can while on maternity leave.
    Thank you again! ❤️

September 26, 2019 at 10:43 am (3 weeks ago)

Yay! I’m so glad I could help you out with this project! These are really simple and fun to put together.

And thank you! I’m definitely getting in all the snuggles I can right now. 😊

11. Debi C.
    September 26, 2019 at 3:53 am (3 weeks ago)

Congratulations on your new baby girl! Beautiful! I am fairly new to the Cricut world, and have loved using your designs as they come with great instruction. I am looking forward to making a “C” for out mantle.

September 26, 2019 at 10:44 am (3 weeks ago)

Thank you Debi! That makes me so happy to hear!! I love knowing that people are putting my designs to good use (beginners and veterans alike). Have fun with this project! 😊

12. Joyce
    September 26, 2019 at 11:11 am (3 weeks ago)

Thank you so much for generously sharing your designs with us. I made the R yesterday. Turned out well. The curved parts were a bit long, but I just cut off the excess. Everything else was perfect.

September 30, 2019 at 3:03 pm (3 weeks ago)

Yay! Glad to hear that you were able to make one of the letters for yourself!! 😀

13. Flor
    September 27, 2019 at 7:51 am (3 weeks ago)

Thank you so much! Love your creations and congrats for the new baby girl!

September 30, 2019 at 3:05 pm (3 weeks ago)

You are very welcome! And thank you—I’m totally loving my baby girl. 😊

14. Thea de Lange
    September 28, 2019 at 8:46 am (3 weeks ago)

Congratulations with your new baby girl, she is beautiful!
    And thank you for your designs, you are so very good, i enjoy it very much.
    Greetings from the Netherlands

September 30, 2019 at 3:05 pm (3 weeks ago)

Thank you so much! I’m so glad you are enjoying my designs—even as far away as the Netherlands!!

15. Costumelooks.com
    October 2, 2019 at 4:06 am (2 weeks ago)

2 Cut the solid outlines and score the dotted lines. The front face of the letter is connected to the sides of the letter. There are additional side strips you’ll need to cut and score. The reverse side of the letter is on its own without tabs or sides and is optional to use. If you display the letters on the wall you don’t need to use the back. If you want to play with them as objects, adding the back will give extra strength.

16. steffie
    October 3, 2019 at 5:41 pm (2 weeks ago)

CONGRATULATIONS to you and your family on the sweet arrival of your adorable new baby girl. It truly is a blessed event to welcome a new member of the family. She is GORGEOUS! Enjoy every precious minute with Cressida as you know, little ones don’t keep!!
    You are so so amazing – your life is busy enough with a brand new baby and her 2 older siblings and yet you take the time to take care of us!! These letters are great and I am very impressed with all of your 3D projects. THANK YOU!! Now go have snuggle time with all your little ones and try to sneak in a few minutes for yourself!!

October 4, 2019 at 3:03 pm (2 weeks ago)

Aww, thanks so much for the kind comment Steffie! You’ve made my day!!

I’m so glad you’re enjoying my 3D projects! There are so many more I want to do. 😀 But I’ll be sure to sneak in as many cuddles as I can right now while I’m taking it easy with the new baby. 😊