Mother’s Day Pop-Up Card – Mother’s Day Cut Files

If you love a paper craft challenge that yields beautiful results, I have just the thing your crafty heart desires! Today I’m sharing an extra special design for an extra special person in your life. Celebrate your mom, grandma, or mother-in-law with this intricate Mother’s Day pop-up card!

Mother's Day Pop-Up Card

This card has it all: floral inlays, pop-out letters, decorative and delicate layering details, and even teensy tiny bumble bees!

Mother's Day Pop-Up Card Mother's Day Pop-Up Card

Supplies

How to Make

1. Use your cutting machine or X-ACTO knife, along with my template, to cut out all of the card pieces.

Note: If you are using the SVG files that includes the score lines, don’t forget to set them as such in Cricut Design Space and attach them to their shapes before sending through your cutting machine. I used a lime green color to mark the score lines, so hopefully that helps! If you’re not using the SVG file that includes score lines, you can use the PDF version as a reference to know where your folds should go.

2. Carefully fold the card so that “Mom” pops out correctly. Then, glue the two layers of the card together.

3. Attach all of your detail pieces, starting with the lemons and the letters on the pop-out section of the card. Then, add the flowers to the branches, and layer everything together as shown. Add extra “bud” details to your floral branches with your paint pen/marker, and add some stripes to your bees as well.

Note: If you feel like the the flowers are just too small to work with, I totally understand. You can save time/hassle by doing them all in marker if you prefer.

4. Finish assembling your card. Attach the large top wreath with a couple layers of foam tape.

For the lower pieces, fold back the bottom, rectangular portions, and attach it as shown in the picture. I’ve included some score marks in the file to help you line these up correctly as well.

Lastly, attach your bees! I forgot to photograph this step, but you can either glue the little guys on where you see fit, or attach a couple of them to wires for a bit of extra whimsy.

I know card making is its own niche in the paper craft world, and it’s one I haven’t really explored much. But, hopefully this design meets at least a mid-level standard for all you card making aficionados!

I really enjoyed doing this design; so, if you like it, let me know if you would like to see more pop-up card design like this in the future!

Mother's Day Pop-Up Card

I use Adobe Illustrator for all of my designs, and a Cricut Maker to bring my creations to life. For tips on creating fun paper cuts like this one, see the FAQ section on my website. Also, be sure to check out the other Mother’s Day designs available on my blog!

Enjoy crafting this super unique Mother’s Day pop-up card! And happy Mother’s Day to all you rock star moms and grandmas out there!

Mother's Day Pop-Up Card Mother's Day Pop-Up Card

24 Comments on Mother’s Day Pop-Up Card – Mother’s Day Cut Files

May 5, 2020 at 7:09 am (6 months ago)

Your mother is one lucky lady to have you for a daughter! You are a mother’s dream. Your Mother’s Day card is beyond beautiful. It is a real treasure, just like you. Thank you so much for sharing your exquisite design.

May 5, 2020 at 9:38 am (6 months ago)

Aww, Kathy, as always, you are too kind!! 😊

2. Terry S.
    May 5, 2020 at 7:57 am (6 months ago)

This card is fantastic! You outdid yourself with this one! Thanks so much for sharing!

May 5, 2020 at 9:40 am (6 months ago)

Thank you Terry!! I haven’t done a lot of card making before, so I’m really glad you like it. ❤️

3. Cherie Findlay
    May 5, 2020 at 8:28 am (6 months ago)

Thank you for sharing the beautiful card. Happy Mothers’ Day to you.

May 5, 2020 at 9:41 am (6 months ago)

You are most welcome Cherie! Happy Mother’s Day to you as well!!

4. DEVBLEV
    May 5, 2020 at 9:09 am (6 months ago)

THANK YOU SO MUCH! WILL BE MAKING ONE FOR MY MOM AND ONE FOR MY MOTHER-IN-LAW!

May 5, 2020 at 9:41 am (6 months ago)

Yay! I hope they both love it!! 😀

5. yup
    May 5, 2020 at 9:17 am (6 months ago)

Once again a beautiful file. Thank you very much for sharing

May 5, 2020 at 9:41 am (6 months ago)

You are very welcome! I’m glad you like it!!

6. Margaret
    May 5, 2020 at 10:13 am (6 months ago)

Mande this is gorgeous! Card making is my favorite kind of paper project and pop up cards is my favorite kind of cards —to make and receive. I’d LOVE more of these ❤️❤️❤️❤️
    Thank you so much for sharing this.

May 5, 2020 at 11:17 am (6 months ago)

Oh good! I’m so glad to hear that!! I’ll look at doing more of these in the future. 😊

7. susan smith
    May 5, 2020 at 3:01 pm (6 months ago)

Thank you for sharing your lovely files – this is so pretty – I know any Mum is going to love it.

May 6, 2020 at 10:48 am (6 months ago)

Thank you Susan!! 😊

8. Sharon
    May 5, 2020 at 6:00 pm (6 months ago)

Hi Mandee, just wondering how easy/difficult it would be to change MOM to MUM as that would be the appropriate spelling here in Australia

May 6, 2020 at 10:51 am (6 months ago)

For this particular card design, it would require quite a bit of reworking since the pop-out features are tied to the shape of the letters. But if you have your own design software, you could pull it off!

Otherwise, I do have a different, simpler card design available that uses “Mum” if you would like. 🙂

9. Helen J Roberts
    May 6, 2020 at 5:33 am (6 months ago)

This is so gorgeous! You have such a wonderful eye for detail and this card shows it. Looking forward to seeing more pop up designs from you! Thank you so much for sharing.

May 6, 2020 at 10:51 am (6 months ago)

Thank you so much Helen!! I had so much fun with this one: I’m definitely thinking about making more in the future. 😊

10. CHRISTINE PHILIPPART
    May 7, 2020 at 9:40 am (6 months ago)

CC Mandee tu fais des choses formidable ,je n’ ai pas beaucoup de temps pour creé alors quand je vois tout ce que tu fais c’ est magnifique merci à toi bisous
    Christine Belgique

May 7, 2020 at 10:45 am (6 months ago)

Thank you Christine! I’m so glad you enjoy my designs!! ❤️

11. Karen
    May 7, 2020 at 5:09 pm (6 months ago)

I tried making this, but the score lines all cut. I don’t see the bright green score lines??? I uploaded it into Design space. I am using the .svg file. What am I doing wrong?

May 8, 2020 at 11:17 am (6 months ago)

Hi Karen! Sorry you’re having trouble.

Yes, the lines need to be set up as “score lines” before you send it to the machine. They don’t show up as green when it is initially uploaded, but if you click on the layers and see one that shows bright green in the color swatch area, that indicates that it is meant to be a score line. Then, just make sure to attach it to the shape it is grouped with. 🙂

• Kelly W
        May 9, 2020 at 12:26 pm (6 months ago)

Hello 🙂 I’m trying to make this card with my Cricut Maker- i switched everything over to score that was green- But it keeps putting all of the score lines on a separate mat. If i click “attach” it attaches the entire project onto one mat. It wont let me attach just the specific grouping. Any idea why that would be happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much this card is beautiful!

May 11, 2020 at 11:19 am (6 months ago)

Hi Kelly! Okay, I think I know what you need to do! You’re pretty much there, you just need to “ungroup” everything first (Cricut automatically groups the whole project when uploaded to Design Space). Then, all of your score line/design groups should be separated out correctly, and you should be able to attach them to their proper shapes. 🙂

Hope that helps!