If you love a paper craft challenge that yields beautiful results, I have just the thing your crafty heart desires! Today I’m sharing an extra special design for an extra special person in your life. Celebrate your mom, grandma, or mother-in-law with this intricate Mother’s Day pop-up card!
This card has it all: floral inlays, pop-out letters, decorative and delicate layering details, and even teensy tiny bumble bees!
- Hot Glue
- Foam Tape
- White Paint Pen/Marker
- Floral Wire/Wire Cutters (optional)
- Bone Folder (optional)
- A Cutting Machine or X-ACTO knife
- My Free Template
How to Make
1. Use your cutting machine or X-ACTO knife, along with my template, to cut out all of the card pieces.
Note: If you are using the SVG files that includes the score lines, don’t forget to set them as such in Cricut Design Space and attach them to their shapes before sending through your cutting machine. I used a lime green color to mark the score lines, so hopefully that helps! If you’re not using the SVG file that includes score lines, you can use the PDF version as a reference to know where your folds should go.
2. Carefully fold the card so that “Mom” pops out correctly. Then, glue the two layers of the card together.
3. Attach all of your detail pieces, starting with the lemons and the letters on the pop-out section of the card. Then, add the flowers to the branches, and layer everything together as shown. Add extra “bud” details to your floral branches with your paint pen/marker, and add some stripes to your bees as well.
Note: If you feel like the the flowers are just too small to work with, I totally understand. You can save time/hassle by doing them all in marker if you prefer.
4. Finish assembling your card. Attach the large top wreath with a couple layers of foam tape.
For the lower pieces, fold back the bottom, rectangular portions, and attach it as shown in the picture. I’ve included some score marks in the file to help you line these up correctly as well.
Lastly, attach your bees! I forgot to photograph this step, but you can either glue the little guys on where you see fit, or attach a couple of them to wires for a bit of extra whimsy.
I know card making is its own niche in the paper craft world, and it’s one I haven’t really explored much. But, hopefully this design meets at least a mid-level standard for all you card making aficionados!
I really enjoyed doing this design; so, if you like it, let me know if you would like to see more pop-up card design like this in the future!
I use Adobe Illustrator for all of my designs, and a Cricut Maker to bring my creations to life. For tips on creating fun paper cuts like this one, see the FAQ section on my website. Also, be sure to check out the other Mother’s Day designs available on my blog!
Enjoy crafting this super unique Mother’s Day pop-up card! And happy Mother’s Day to all you rock star moms and grandmas out there!
*This post contains affiliate links. By clicking through my links to make a purchase, you are supporting this blog and the hard work that goes into providing free, quality designs.