Carousel Animals – Carousel Cut Files

Around and around we go! It’s been over a year since I posted my first complex, three-dimensional paper craft, and I’m excited to be sharing something new to go with it today. Use these six adorable carousel animals to customize your 3D carousel even more, or make them as a fun little paper craft.

Carousel Animals

When I posted my 3D carousel last year, I had no idea what people would think, or if anyone would even try to make it for themselves. Now, I’ve seen so many of you take on this fun paper craft challenge, and it has been so incredibly awesome to see the results!

One thing I didn’t anticipate is the unique take people would have when making my carousel project. After seeing a few different variations, I thought it would be fun to create some alternate animals to be used for even more customization opportunities. That’s where these cuties come in.

Carousel Animals Carousel Animals

I actually used the dragon design in this set to create a “spooky” version of my carousel, and I LOVE the way it turned out!

Check out this tutorial video to see how I put this carousel together.

Carousel Animals

Of course, even if you don’t plan on putting a whole carousel together anytime soon, these designs stand alone quite nicely! And I’ve included a carousel pole in the design that you can use to make these into a beautiful card or scrapbook piece.

Carousel Animals

I use Adobe Illustrator for all of my designs, and a Cricut Maker to bring my creations to life. For tips on creating fun paper cuts like this one, see the FAQ section on my website. Also, be sure to check out the other awesome die cut freebies available on my blog!

Enjoy making these carousel animals for yourself! Which animal(s) would you feature on your carousel?

Watch the video tutorial that includes these designs here:

Carousel Animals Carousel Animals

12 Comments on Carousel Animals – Carousel Cut Files

1. Jamie Wallace
    September 16, 2020 at 8:46 am (1 month ago)

I’m a beach fanatic (when you live in Florida, duh), so anything water related, especially the sea horse, is fantastic!

September 16, 2020 at 10:27 am (1 month ago)

Awesome! I want so badly to live somewhere near the beach someday (being landlocked in Utah is hard for a girl who was born in Hawaii)!! My little sister lives in Florida and loves it there. 🙂

2. D King
    September 16, 2020 at 10:29 am (1 month ago)

Oh my Gosh. I love, love, love these. Can hardly wait to add them to my carousel. I am a long time collector of carousels and carousel related items. Thank you so much for these and all of the wonderful files you create and share. Big hugs and blessings to you and your family.

September 16, 2020 at 10:41 am (1 month ago)

How awesome! What a fun collection to have!! Glad you can make good use of these designs. ❤️

September 16, 2020 at 3:24 pm (1 month ago)

Thank you, thank you, and thank you again! These animals are super cute, I will definitely be using them on some projects soon, I might even get another carousel done. I love your new holiday look too, you look stunning in black!

September 17, 2020 at 10:23 am (1 month ago)

Have fun!!

And thank you very much Kathy! You are too kind. 😊

4. jessie
    September 16, 2020 at 3:37 pm (1 month ago)

Thank you for this lovely file and all of the others you’ve generously shared.
    Love your designs!

September 17, 2020 at 10:23 am (1 month ago)

You are very welcome Jessie! Glad you like them!!

5. Abi
    September 17, 2020 at 11:30 am (1 month ago)

Thanks for these files and all the great designs and tutorials you post.

September 21, 2020 at 8:35 am (1 month ago)

You are very welcome Abi!! 😊

6. Kelly Matthews
    September 19, 2020 at 9:38 pm (1 month ago)

I love the dragons! 😀

September 21, 2020 at 8:38 am (1 month ago)

They were so much fun to make! 🐲