Scandinavian Christmas Cards – Holiday Cut Files

Glædelig Jul! That’s “Merry Christmas” in Danish, in case your Northern European language skills are only so-so. Today, I am pleased to share some festive designs inspired by the Nordic countries: these die cut Scandinavian Christmas cards!

Scandinavian Christmas Cards

The idea for these cute little cards came from all the fun, Scandinavian-themed Christmas decor I have been seeing lately. I just find the stylized animal motifs to be very charming. And, since I’ve never visited any Scandinavian countries myself (based on their geographical location), it’s easy to envision it being a pretty, picturesque Christmas landscape.

Scandinavian Christmas Cards

Whether you’ve been looking for the perfect, handmade card to add to a thoughtful gift, or you’re just in a crafty mood this season, these cards certainly fit the bill!

Scandinavian Christmas Cards

I use Adobe Illustrator for all of my designs, and a Cricut Maker to bring my creations to life. For tips on creating fun paper cuts like this one, see the FAQ section on my website. Also, be sure to check out the other holiday freebies available on my blog!

Enjoy making your very own, adorable Scandinavian Christmas cards! I hope you have as much fun putting it together as I did. Be sure to share your results with me on Instagram!

Scandinavian Christmas Cards Scandinavian Christmas Cards

12 Comments on Scandinavian Christmas Cards – Holiday Cut Files

1. Dee King
    December 15, 2020 at 6:37 am (10 months ago)

There is beauty in the simplicity of these. Thank you Mandee for a look at something Christmas from another culture. Would also work well as an ornament for the tree.

December 15, 2020 at 8:24 am (10 months ago)

Thank you Dee—I’m so glad you like them! And these would definitely convert to ornaments easily!!

2. sandra
    December 15, 2020 at 6:56 am (10 months ago)

I especially love these as I am of Scandinavian descent. How perfect for sending to my relatives. Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us. They are lovely, as is everything you create. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

December 15, 2020 at 8:24 am (10 months ago)

Aww, thank you Sandra! I’m so glad they can pay homage to your heritage!!

3. Pacloue
    December 15, 2020 at 9:40 am (10 months ago)

Thanks you, It’s cute

December 15, 2020 at 5:22 pm (10 months ago)

You are very welcome!!

December 15, 2020 at 9:52 am (10 months ago)

Your card creations are adorable, I am of northern European decent too. My great grandparents on my maternal grandfather’s side immigrated from Sweden to Canada. I think they must have come from Vikings since my family really likes to fight. Your cards are very well done, clever and cute too. Thank you for sharing you talent!

December 15, 2020 at 5:23 pm (10 months ago)

Haha, “I think they must have come from Vikings since my family really likes to fight.” I love that! 😂

So glad you enjoy these new designs, and that they can be reminiscent of your heritage.

5. Marie Andersson
    December 15, 2020 at 12:28 pm (10 months ago)

Of course I had to have this cardset-cutting files. Even if I´m living in Sweden and so happy you like our style of design. The horse is called Dalahäst (horse from Dalarna).
    If you ever think of coming to Sweden give me a hint – I love to guide you and of course you are welcome to my home!

December 15, 2020 at 5:25 pm (10 months ago)

Ooo! I’d love to take you up on that. I remember doing a report on Sweden in High School, and I’ve wanted to visit ever since. 😀

6. maman-cocci
    December 15, 2020 at 3:14 pm (10 months ago)

c’est tout mignon ! merci

December 15, 2020 at 5:26 pm (10 months ago)

You are very welcome!! 😊