Die Cut Koi Fish

Things are looking a little fishy around here. Today I have another standout design I think you’ll really enjoy! Use these elegant die cut koi fish to amp up your next crafty project.

Die Cut Koi Fish

I absolutely love koi fish! They are so beautiful and diverse; and, like a lot of people, I have plenty of fond memories of feeding them. There are a variety of places I have fed koi fish, but my absolute favorite has to be the Byodo-In Temple in Hawaii.

Every time I visit Hawaii, I make a point to come to this beautiful place! When you’re there, you feel like you’ve been instantly transported to Japan—it’s amazing!

The last time we went was 2017 (we took both the boys when they were still in diapers—we were fearless). My oldest son had a blast exploring the grounds and, of course, feeding the koi fish.

Even though traveling to Hawaii isn’t in the cards right now, at least I can still create something beautiful that can bring those fond memories back!

Die Cut Koi Fish Die Cut Koi Fish

Just for fun, here are a few facts about koi fish:

• They can live for a really long time! A koi named Hanako was the oldest koi in history, living from 1751 to 1977 (226 years old).
  • Koi fish need shade and deep water because they can get sunburns.
  • In Japan, koi fish are often passed down from generation to generation as a family heirloom.
  • They are very smart, and can be trained to eat from the hand of their owner.

Die Cut Koi Fish

I use Adobe Illustrator for all of my designs, and a Cricut Maker to bring my creations to life. For tips on creating fun paper cuts like this one, see the FAQ section on my website. Also, be sure to check out the other awesome freebies available on my blog!

Enjoy making these die cut koi fish! I hope you have as much fun putting them together as I did. Be sure to share your results with me on Instagram!

Die Cut Koi Fish

24 Comments on Die Cut Koi Fish

1. Pat
    February 16, 2021 at 6:51 am (3 months ago)

I could never imaging cutting out a koi fish but you’ve made it possible. Thank you so much!

February 16, 2021 at 9:59 am (3 months ago)

You are very welcome!! ❤️

2. Shirl
    February 16, 2021 at 6:56 am (3 months ago)

Beautiful, Miss Mandee! Two are cutting out as I type this. Did you use all 4 pieces of the orange on each of yours? Cannot seem to figure out where that little fourth piece goes. Also, do you use a basic black marker for the face details. Thank you so much. Love your story with this project.

February 16, 2021 at 10:01 am (3 months ago)

Yay!! Yes, I used all four little orange pieces, but it’s probably hard to tell. The smallest piece goes near the tail, and the other little pieces is an extension of the middle one, sitting opposite of the top fin. 🙂

3. TERRY SMITH
    February 16, 2021 at 9:02 am (3 months ago)

You amaze me every single week with your creations! Love your family photos! I too love koi. We make it a point to stop by the koi pond in Japan at the World Showcase in Disney World every trip.
    They are HUGE! We have tried raising them in the little man made pond in our backyard but can’t see to get them to survive. Thanks so much for this file!

February 16, 2021 at 10:03 am (3 months ago)

Yes! I forgot about the koi pond in the Japan pavilion—so pretty!!

I’ve heard it can be hard to raise them yourself, and there are a lot of predators that seek them out.

4. Jantien
    February 16, 2021 at 9:07 am (3 months ago)

What a wonderfull Koi fish! Thank you!

February 16, 2021 at 10:04 am (3 months ago)

Thanks Jantien! So glad you like them. 😊

February 16, 2021 at 9:14 am (3 months ago)

Thank you so much for sharing your Koi designs, they are stunning. Each month I exchange greeting cards with a couple of old friends. For the March card exchange, I think I will send them each your Koi instead. They will love adding them to their Oriental collections.

February 16, 2021 at 10:04 am (3 months ago)

Ooo, how fun! I hope they like them!! 😀

6. Linda
    February 16, 2021 at 11:28 am (3 months ago)

Thank you so much for sharing. These are so beautiful. I know several people who will enjoy them on their cards.

February 17, 2021 at 10:18 am (3 months ago)

You are most welcome Linda!!

7. Ali van den Berge
    February 16, 2021 at 1:24 pm (3 months ago)

We are the proud owers of a small pond and we have several koi fish in it. I love my koi’s and will make this beauitifull fish of yours. Thank you so much.

February 17, 2021 at 10:19 am (3 months ago)

How fun!! your back yard sounds like a serene place.

8. Magdalena
    February 16, 2021 at 1:45 pm (3 months ago)

Gracias, es hermoso.

February 17, 2021 at 10:20 am (3 months ago)

You are very welcome!!

9. anita
    February 17, 2021 at 9:09 am (3 months ago)

I have been to that temple in your pictures. Now I want to print some pics and put your koi fish in the frame as well. Love all of your ideas. You are a very gifted young lady.

February 17, 2021 at 10:20 am (3 months ago)

It’s such a beautiful place to visit!!

And thank you Anita! You are too kind. 😊

10. Dawn
    February 18, 2021 at 6:31 pm (3 months ago)

Great pics of you and the fam. Thanks for the Koi die cuts. I have pics of Koi the from ponds overseas. These will adorn those pages perfectly. Much appreciated. Dee

February 19, 2021 at 11:34 am (3 months ago)

So fun! Have a good time putting them together. 😊

11. Caroline Korzenietz
    February 20, 2021 at 1:47 pm (3 months ago)

I am so in love with this Kois 🙂 🙂
    i cannot stop making them 😀
    thank you so much for sharing this file.
    warm greetings from germany

February 22, 2021 at 10:33 am (3 months ago)

That makes me so happy to hear!! 😀

12. Wendy
    March 23, 2021 at 7:06 am (2 months ago)

Thank you again what a brilliant project Koi Fish just for my Brother-in-Law’s Birthday card, I have just cut one out its so delicate I know he is going to love it. They have had koi fish for over 30 years in their pond and they are now huge but amazing, we also have a few in our pond but only 5 years old so not so big. Thank you so much for all your brilliant projects I have made a lot from your post and can never wait to see what is next a huge big thank you for sharing your amazing work xx

March 24, 2021 at 12:35 pm (2 months ago)

How awesome!! And what a special card. 😀 I’m so glad my designs could be a part of it! Thanks for taking the time to share.