Fancy 3D Egg – Easter Cut Files

I have egg-ceptional new Easter project to share! And I really think this one is going to wow you. Take your Easter celebrations to a royal level with this super fancy 3D egg!

Fancy 3D Egg

Like this design? Consider leaving a tip.

Inspired by Russian Fabergé eggs, this project really takes the medium of paper to a whole new level of opulence.

If you can’t tell, I spent a lot of time working in a bunch of elegant little details into this one. And, to make it sparkle, I decided to add a record amount of bling!

Fancy 3D Egg Fancy 3D Egg

Supplies

How to Make It

1. Use your cutting machine or X-ACTO knife, along with my template, to cut out all of the fancy 3D egg pieces.

Note: If you are using the SVG files that includes the score lines, don’t forget to set them as such in Cricut Design Space and attach them to their shapes before sending through your cutting machine. I used a lime green color to mark the score lines, so hopefully that helps! If you’re having trouble with the score lines, check out this video.

Assembling the Egg

2. Start with the bottom pieces. These include four pieces with two sections on each, along with an octagon piece, and the gold embellishment sections that have a flat top.

Curl the large sections inwards, and fold along the score lines. Attach the tabs to the inside of the side adjacent to it. Then, attach another section to it. Repeat all the way around.

Attach the octagon to the bottom, and adhere the gold embellishment pieces to each of the eight sides.

3. Follow a similar process to build the top portion and connect all eight pieces.

Then, layer the longer, pointed pieces with the corresponding gold embellishments. Once those are put together, attach them to each of the sidewalls of the top egg piece.

Layer the “crown” piece, and use the bottom tab to attach it to the small gold octagon. Then, layer the gold octagon on top of the two larger octagons. Attach it to the top of the egg.

Assembling the Base

4. Layer the gold embellishment pieces on the base like so.

Fold the base piece along the score marks, and glue the tabs to the inside of the structure.

5. Assemble and attach the pedestal.

Start by curling all of the pedestal sides outward and folding along the score marks. Then, gule each of the tabs to the inside edges.

Use the bottom tabs to attach the pedestal to the base.

Finishing Touches

6. Add the bling!

Curl the gold pedal pieces, and attach them at alternating interval around the base.

Use decorative trim and/or adhesive pearls to take the whole piece up a notch. Then, attach the egg to the pedestal!

You’ve got yourself one fancy Easter egg!

I think I’ve said it a thousand times, but Easter is my favorite holiday. So, I really wanted to create something extra special this year—something I’ve never attempted. And even if it gave me a lot more trouble than I anticipated, I am really pleased with the outcome.

Fancy 3D Egg Fancy 3D Egg

I use Adobe Illustrator for all of my designs, and a Cricut Maker to bring my creations to life. For tips on creating fun paper cuts like this one, see the FAQ section on my website. Also, be sure to check out the other 3D freebies available on my blog!

Enjoy making your very own, fancy 3D egg! I hope you have as much fun putting it together as I did. Be sure to share your egg-citing results with me on Instagram!

Fancy 3D Egg Fancy 3D Egg

24 Comments on Fancy 3D Egg – Easter Cut Files

1. Ali van den Berge
    March 31, 2021 at 6:38 am (1 year ago)

Ohhh how beautiful.. Thank you so much.

2. Patti Schafer
    March 31, 2021 at 6:42 am (1 year ago)

Mandee, you have out done yourself with this gorgeous Egg.
    I will have to make time to make one this week. Thank you
    again for sharing your talents. Happy Easter to you and your
    Family ~ Patti

March 31, 2021 at 9:50 am (1 year ago)

Thank you Patti! I’m so pleased that you like it!! 😊

3. Catherine
    March 31, 2021 at 6:55 am (1 year ago)

MAGNIFICENT.thank you very much

4. SusyC
    March 31, 2021 at 7:37 am (1 year ago)

Thank you and as always you are truly an amazingly clever, generous soul.

March 31, 2021 at 9:50 am (1 year ago)

Aww, thanks! ❤️

5. Shirl
    March 31, 2021 at 7:59 am (1 year ago)

Wow, Miss Mandee! You really outdid yourself! I definitely need to make this one even though I told myself no more Easter decorations!!!

March 31, 2021 at 9:50 am (1 year ago)

You can never have too many Easter decorations!! 🐰

6. Jan Perry
    March 31, 2021 at 8:19 am (1 year ago)

WOW! This is just beautiful! Miss Mandee – you are one very clever lady! Thank you for your generosity!

7. Shirley
    March 31, 2021 at 8:19 am (1 year ago)

OH MY Goodness! Miss Mandee!! I can not believe how talented you are, I love your designs. This beautiful egg is amazing. I will attempt this, won’t be before Easter sadly but I will! Thank you so much for sharing your art with us!

March 31, 2021 at 9:51 am (1 year ago)

This one is elegant enough for any occasion! Have fun making it!!

March 31, 2021 at 9:29 am (1 year ago)

Wow, thank you so much for the exquisite design. I have never seen a more beautiful egg. If my mother were still alive she would be in awe over it, it is stunning. My mother was always finding ways to decorate eggs, not just for Easter but throughout the year. I will be displaying your egg prominently in a glass case for everyone to enjoy all year long. What a treasure you are to share your incredible design with us.
    Thank you again!

March 31, 2021 at 9:52 am (1 year ago)

How sweet! I’m so glad you like it Kathy!! Enjoy putting it together. ❤️

9. Marie Andersson
    March 31, 2021 at 4:24 pm (1 year ago)

Wow! So beautiful with gold and pearls, not to much just the right amount. Going to start making it tomorrow so it hopefully is done to the 4/4. Have to have something beautiful that special day.

April 1, 2021 at 10:44 am (1 year ago)

Thanks Marie! I added a lot more bling than I planned on, but I’m glad you don’t think I overdid it. 😄

10. Tracy
    April 1, 2021 at 7:09 am (1 year ago)

Hi this is amazing thank you so much for sharing this with us you are very talented.

April 1, 2021 at 10:44 am (1 year ago)

Thank you so much Tracy!!

11. auntie em
    April 1, 2021 at 7:54 am (1 year ago)

Oh my! This is fancy and so delicate and pretty! Love the details with the jewels and pearls. A true little treasure box. Thank you so much for sharing! 🙂

12. Susan
    April 2, 2021 at 11:08 am (1 year ago)

Thanks so much for your hard work and generosity! This will make a great box to put treats in for Easter.

April 2, 2021 at 12:02 pm (1 year ago)

You’re very welcome Susan! Have fun making it, and Happy Easter!!

13. Sandy
    February 26, 2022 at 5:51 am (6 months ago)

You never cease to amaze me with your extraordinary talent and generosity. Thank you🌷🌷🌷

February 28, 2022 at 10:53 am (6 months ago)

You are so welcome!!

14. Richard Hanlon
    May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am (3 months ago)

First, I must say that this is VERY impressive! Of the designs I have looked at, I think this is the best I have seen from anyone, not just your collection!

I do have a question though. I just finished going through and setting the score lines up, and, I noticed that there is an extra piece behind the top gold overlay panels. I see those cut out in one of your pictures. But, I do not know why they are there unless it is to make the top extra sturdy.

May 16, 2022 at 10:07 am (3 months ago)

Thank you Richard! You are so kind.

Yes, those are decorative pieces that go with the detailed, gold sections of the same shape. They go on top of the top structural section of the egg once it’s assembled.