Even though today’s design is inspired by a children’s toy, it is definitely one that can be enjoyed by all ages. Gather up some cardstock, and make these adorable nesting dolls for your kids, grandkids, or yourself!
Like this design? Consider leaving a tip.
This lovely design was picked by my wonderful patrons! Each month, my Patreon subscribers help me choose a couple of the projects I create, and this design was one of the top picks for May.
If you enjoy my work, and would like to help choose future projects/freebies, consider becoming a patron of Designs By Miss Mandee!
Designing these nesting dolls was so much fun! The hardest part was editing down all the details I wanted to include in order for these to be “toy-sized.”
To put them together, all you need to do is:
- Sort the pieces to make sure all the different-sized sections are in the right place.
- Draw on the faces, and add embellishments to the dresses, if you’d like.
- Layer the doll pieces together.
- Layer and glue the long rectangular strips into rings.
- Glue the dolls onto the rings—making sure that the smallest doll is attached to the smallest ring, and working your way up.
I use Adobe Illustrator for all of my designs, and a Cricut Maker to bring my creations to life. For tips on creating fun paper cuts like this one, see the FAQ section on my website. Also, be sure to check out the other fun freebies available on my blog!
Enjoy putting these nesting dolls to good use. And don’t forget to share your super cute, finished creations with me on Instagram!
*This post contains affiliate links. By clicking through my links to make a purchase, you are supporting this blog and the hard work that goes into providing free, quality designs.