Spanish Tile Cut Files

I’ve got some fun, new die cut templates, and I can’t wait to see how you make use of them. Today, I am excited to be sharing some unique designs that are sure to spark your creative mind! Make something gorgeous and unexpected with these Spanish tile cut files.

Spanish Tile Cut Files

I bet you can’t guess where the inspiration for these designs came from…

If you guessed the Disney World Tower of Terror, you are correct!

I know, super random, but hear me out. In order to fit the architectural style of retro Hollywood and Sunset Boulevard (the area that the ride is located in), Disney Imagineers designed the focal point attraction (aka, the Tower of Terror) in a Spanish Colonial Revival look. That’s why the building has a pinkish hue and a distinctly tiled roof.

The interactive story and attention to detail on this ride is what makes it my favorite attraction of all time. We recently took a trip to Disney World, and while we were waiting in line for Tower of Terror, I noticed some of the beautiful Spanish tiles incorporated throughout the building and surrounding area.

Tower of Terror Tiles

So, there you have it—my inspirational spark for these new cut file designs!

I honestly just wanted to try my hand at creating some fun, patterned tiles, but there are an infinite amount of ways that you could use these designs! On a small scale, they could be used to make cards or gift tags. On a larger scale, you could decorate a school/library bulletin board, or even use them as stencils to create an accent wall in your home!

Spanish Tile Cut Files

Placed together, these tiles make some truly wonderful patterns!

Spanish Tile Cut Files Spanish Tile Cut Files Spanish Tile Cut Files

I use Adobe Illustrator for all of my designs, and a Cricut Maker to bring my creations to life. For tips on creating fun paper cuts like this one, see the FAQ section on my website. Also, be sure to check out the other fun freebies available on my blog!

Enjoy putting these Spanish tile cut files to good use. And don’t forget to share your lovely, finished creations with me on Instagram!

Spanish Tile Cut Files Spanish Tile Cut Files

12 Comments on Spanish Tile Cut Files

May 11, 2021 at 6:41 am (1 month ago)

Well done, thank you so much for sharing your incredible talent. You are exceptionally creative!

May 11, 2021 at 11:25 am (1 month ago)

Aww, thank you so much Kathy!! 😊

2. Cindy Lawrence
    May 11, 2021 at 8:57 am (1 month ago)

Thanks so much for sharing. I collect Mexican pottery pieces- Talavera pottery and have tiled a cabinet in the beautiful tile. I found embroidery designs and embroidered fabric to upholster my outdoor furniture. Your designs will help add accents to my collection. Thanks again.

May 11, 2021 at 11:26 am (1 month ago)

Wow, your collection sounds lovely!! I’m so glad my designs can play a part in it. ❤️

3. Ulla
    May 11, 2021 at 11:47 am (1 month ago)

Thank you so much. I have seen a lot of those type in Portugal and loved them

May 12, 2021 at 9:43 am (1 month ago)

You are very welcome! I’m so glad you like them. ❤️

4. Mary
    May 11, 2021 at 1:01 pm (1 month ago)

Beautiful, Thank you 🙂

May 12, 2021 at 9:43 am (1 month ago)

You are very welcome Mary!!

5. TERRY SMITH
    May 12, 2021 at 9:00 am (1 month ago)

Beautiful! As always, thanks for sharing.

6. Jan Perry
    May 12, 2021 at 1:56 pm (1 month ago)

These are beautiful – thank you so much! I have some blank drinks coasters which would look lovely with these cuts and then sealed. Now to find the time…. 🙂

May 13, 2021 at 10:17 am (1 month ago)

Ooo, I didn’t even think of coasters—that would be an awesome way to use these designs!!

7. Pam Garrett
    May 13, 2021 at 9:42 pm (1 month ago)

Wonderful to hear that you were inspired by the Tower of Terror. I hadn’t thought of the relationship, between your Spanish tile designs and California architecture. It is interesting that Spanish style means different things in different parts of the Southwest. Many of the new homes in the Phoenix area are pink stucco with peaked tile roofs. In Santa Fe, the dominant housing style has a flat roof. I’ve seen tile roofs in California and Arizona, but I don’t see those in New Mexico very often.