Detailed Birthday Bunting – Party Cut Files

It’s time to party! And there is nothing like a handmade item to give your festivities an extra special touch. So, celebrate someone special in your life with this beautifully detailed birthday bunting.

Detailed Birthday Bunting

Like this design? Consider leaving a tip.

It’s blowing my mind that my daughter is turning 2! I still refer to her as my “baby.” Not going to lie, though, I really do love seeing her grow up and reach new milestones. Seeing her run around, learn new words, play with her brothers, and pick raspberries in the yard brings me so much joy! I could do with a tad less of the two-year-old attitude she is developing, though…

We are celebrating her birthday this weekend, and I wanted to create a unique bunting banner as part of the decorations. Plus, I just got some new Cricut markers that I wanted to try out. So, I thought it would be fun to include a drawn element to this project.

Detailed Birthday Bunting

When setting up your file, be sure to change all the black lines in the design from “cut” to “draw,” and attach them to the bunting shape they are grouped with.

Note: Because of all the individual lines, your cutting software may take a while with this project. To make things a little easier, I cut out all of the other pieces first and then did each of the ones that include line art one at a time. It still took Cricut Design Space a minute or two to process the cut before I could send it through.

Detailed Birthday Bunting

I use Adobe Illustrator for all of my designs, and a Cricut Maker to bring my creations to life. For tips on creating fun paper cuts like this one, see the FAQ section on my website. Also, be sure to check out the other fun freebies available on my blog!

Enjoy making a lovely, detailed birthday bunting for yourself. And don’t forget to share your beautiful, finished creations with me on Instagram!

Detailed Birthday Bunting

10 Comments on Detailed Birthday Bunting – Party Cut Files

1. Janice
    September 14, 2021 at 7:27 am (3 months ago)

I tried to download your free birthday bunting, but was unsuccessful. I have not had any trouble with your downloads before. Is there something different I need to do for this one since it is so big?
    Love you work…

September 14, 2021 at 11:29 am (3 months ago)

Sorry it’s giving you trouble Janice! The download process should be the same as before. Uploading it to your cutting software is where it might take a little longer. Is that where you are encountering the issue?

September 14, 2021 at 8:53 am (3 months ago)

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful and creative bunting. It is amazing that two years have flown past and your baby is now walking and talking. I still can’t figure out how you manage all your creative and business endeavors and keep up with your family. You are amazing!

September 14, 2021 at 11:30 am (3 months ago)

I know! It’s absolutely crazy. Her childhood is definitely going by quickly!

And thank you! You are too kind. It’s a juggling act, but it’s so worthwhile. 😊

3. Linda Wilson
    September 14, 2021 at 8:51 pm (3 months ago)

Just beautiful. Thank you.

September 15, 2021 at 2:26 pm (3 months ago)

Thanks Linda!!

4. Kay Blanton
    September 17, 2021 at 2:11 pm (3 months ago)

Thank you for this file. I have downloaded it and was trying to make it and it is such a large file it just spins and spins. I even tried to do a print and cut on the top layer. Still have not been able to get it made. I have the Cricut Maker if that makes a difference. Any suggestions?

September 20, 2021 at 10:36 am (3 months ago)

Sorry it is giving you trouble! I ended up doing each of the line ort layers one at a time (i.e. deleting the rest of the layers, send it through, then going back to my canvas and doing another one). Even then, it still took a minute to load when I hit “Make It.” I wish the program wasn’t so clunky!🤦🏽‍♀️

5. Debbie
    October 17, 2021 at 5:24 pm (2 months ago)

I love this banner! Can you tell what the font is that you used for the lettering?

October 18, 2021 at 11:29 am (2 months ago)

Thanks Debbie! The font is called “Elsie Swash Caps.”