Penguin Paper Art Scene – Winter Cut Files

Christmas is only days away! But, before I tuck into a massive mug of mint truffle hot cocoa and catch up on all the movies and TV shows I’ve been wanting to see, I thought I would share another adorable papercraft with you. So let’s go frolic in the frigid weather with some playful penguins! With just a few sheets of cardstock and some hot glue, you can make this charming penguin paper art scene.

Penguin Paper Art Scene

Like this design? Consider leaving a tip to show your support.

This papercraft turned out even cuter than I imagined! I just love the depth of the design and the way the glitter paper catches the light. And, of course, the penguins are just the cherry on top of it all!

Penguin Paper Art Scene Penguin Paper Art Scene

Supplies

How to Make It

1. Use your cutting machine or X-ACTO knife, along with my template, to cut out all of the pieces for your penguin paper art scene.

Note: If you are using the SVG files that includes the score lines, don’t forget to set them as such in Cricut Design Space and attach them to their shapes before sending them through your cutting machine. I used a lime green color to mark the score lines, so hopefully that helps! If you’re having trouble with the score lines, check out this video.

2. Start by gluing the two decorative strips to the left and right sides of the main box (outside). And glue the snowy sky to the center (inside) of the box.

Then, layer in the three scene pieces, one at a time, starting with the one that includes the trees. The folded edges not only serve as tabs for gluing to the inside of your box, but also indicate the depth of each layer. Once the back one is in place, you can add the next two, one at a time.

3. To finish up, layer the two front, frame pieces together, and attach them to the front of the box using the tabs provided.

Note: I actually glued mine upside-down, so my bottom penguin is getting more blocked by snowflakes than he should be—whoops!

Add your layered snowflake motif to the top, righthand corner of the box, and you are done!

This project is perfect for a last-minute gift for a friend, or a fun holiday craft to make with visiting family members.

The design turned out super cute and the whole thing was actually much more simple to put together than I initially imagined it would be. If you like this type of craft, let me know! I think I might make some more like it in the future.

Penguin Paper Art Scene

I use Adobe Illustrator for all of my designs, and a Cricut Maker to bring my creations to life. For tips on creating fun paper cuts like this one, see the FAQ section on my website. Also, be sure to check out the other fun freebies available on my blog!

Enjoy putting my penguin paper art scene together. And don’t forget to share your fun-filled finished project with me on Instagram!

Penguin Paper Art Scene Penguin Paper Art Scene

15 Comments on Penguin Paper Art Scene – Winter Cut Files

1. Char Abel
    December 21, 2021 at 7:10 am (1 month ago)

Thank you for this. I have loved shadowbox scenes forever. There is magic looking into the layers. I might try reducing a little to fit in a card. It appears it would fold to one side or the other to make flat?

December 21, 2021 at 12:16 pm (1 month ago)

You are very welcome! This is a new kind of craft for me, but I definitely want to make more—you are right, it is quite magical to see into the layers!! And it does fold flat if you pinch it to the left or right. 🙂

2. Sandy Wootten
    December 21, 2021 at 7:33 am (1 month ago)

Very cute as always. Thank you and have a Merry Christmas.

December 21, 2021 at 12:16 pm (1 month ago)

Thank you Sandy! And Merry Christmas to you as well!!

3. Shirley
    December 21, 2021 at 10:17 am (1 month ago)

I love this!

December 21, 2021 at 12:17 pm (1 month ago)

Aww, thank you! 😊

4. Micheline
    December 21, 2021 at 12:56 pm (1 month ago)

Super. Beau

5. Vicki
    December 22, 2021 at 9:09 am (4 weeks ago)

This is sooo cute Mandee. May I ask, how do you hightlight the glitter snow pieces with light blue? I would like to try it.
    Thanks!!

December 24, 2021 at 2:24 pm (4 weeks ago)

Thanks Vicki! I just ink the edges with a little bit of stamping ink and an ink blending tool. There are lots of expensive stamping inks you can buy, but I’ve found that cheep set I bought on Amazon has been my favorite!

6. Charlotte Silber
    December 22, 2021 at 2:04 pm (4 weeks ago)

This is so cute and so are the 3D snowflakes you shared with us. Thank You so much for sharing your talent. Have a very Merry Christmas and the safest and healthiest New Year.

December 24, 2021 at 2:25 pm (4 weeks ago)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well!! ❤️

7. Linda Shapiro
    December 22, 2021 at 7:57 pm (4 weeks ago)

What did you use to tint the edges of the layers? I’m using a glitter paper and can’t figure out what would work.

December 24, 2021 at 2:25 pm (4 weeks ago)

I just inked the edges with a little bit of stamping ink and an ink blending tool. There are lots of expensive stamping inks you can buy, but I’ve found that cheep set I bought on Amazon has been my favorite!

January 18, 2022 at 8:07 am (3 days ago)

Your design is adorable, thank you so much for sharing your amazing talent. I know that it is now the middle of January, and I am finally getting around to downloading your designs from the past several months. There is no way I will ever be able to make them all, but I sure love them with all my heart. Your talent and generosity are over the top, and your designs are very precious to me.

January 18, 2022 at 9:43 am (3 days ago)

You are too sweet. I hope you find some projects you are excited about! Have fun making whichever ones strike your fancy!!