It is just about time to count down to the new year! Celebrate the exciting occasion with these dazzling new designs. These star shakers are sure to be a show-stopper at your New Year’s celebration.
Like this design? Consider leaving a tip to show your support.
I recently stocked up on some itty bitty beads and decorative filler, and thought this would be a good way to put it to use! Seeing the little pieces catch the light never gets old.
Of course, my main intention in sharing these this week is for New Year’s Eve, but these shakers are definitely a project you could make use of year-round! Whether for decorative or recreational use, everyone is sure to enjoy them.
These shakers only take a few minutes to put together, and here is what you’ll need to make them:
- Dura-Lar Film
- Hot Glue
- Decorative Beads
- A Lollipop Stick
- Foam Tape (optional)
- A Cutting Machine or X-ACTO knife
- My Free Template
To assemble them:
- First, cut out the pieces using your cutting machine or X-ACTO knife. Then, curl the rectangular strip and fold the tabs inward.
- Start gluing the tabs of the strip around the edge of the circular backing piece. When all the tabs are in place, adhere the liner over the top of the tabs.
- Attach the central star motif inside your circle using hot glue or foam tape. Then, start filling it with your decorative beads.
- Finish the shaker by layering on your clear film circle and your two frame layers. Then, attach a lollipop stick with a generous dab of hot glue.
After making my two star shakers, I decided to round out the collection with a festive little “Happy New Year” text design.
I use Adobe Illustrator for all of my designs, and a Cricut Maker to bring my creations to life. For tips on creating fun paper cuts like this one, see the FAQ section on my website. Also, be sure to check out the other fun freebies available on my blog!
Enjoy putting these star shakers to good use. And don’t forget to share your fun-filled finished project with me on Instagram!
*This post contains affiliate links. By clicking through my links to make a purchase, you are supporting this blog and the hard work that goes into providing free, quality designs.