Today’s design is one I would have absolutely LOVED as a little girl: full of glitz and glamor! It is time to break out all your sparkly craft supplies because we are making ourselves a papercraft chandelier.
Like this design? Consider leaving a tip to show your support.
This dazzling project was picked by my wonderful patrons! Each month, my Patreon subscribers help me choose a couple of the designs I create, and this was one of the top picks for February.
If you enjoy my work, and would like to help choose future projects/freebies, consider becoming a patron of Designs By Miss Mandee!
The actual assembly of this chandelier, though a little tedious, really isn’t too difficult. Here’s how to do it:
- Use a cutting machine to X-Acto knife to cut out the pieces.
- Fold each of the main pieces along the scoreline.
- Layer on all the candle pieces, as well as the dangly paper pieces.
- Attach any ribbon strands you’d like to include. I did two strands per section.
- Use hot glue to start attaching the sections together, one at a time. I made two sections of four and then attached the two halves together.
- Attach some beads to the bottom and/or top to finish it off!
Watch a short video of me putting this project together on Instagram.
The fun thing about this chandelier is that you can dress it up as much or as little as you want! You can cut out extra dangly pieces and add them to more sections, glue some sparkly gems all around, or just leave it as-is. No matter what, it’s bound to look stunning!
I use Adobe Illustrator for all of my designs, and a Cricut Maker to bring my creations to life. For tips on creating fun paper cuts like this one, see the FAQ section on my website. Also, be sure to check out the other fun freebies available on my blog!
Enjoy putting this papercraft chandelier together. And don’t forget to share your elegant finished project with me on Instagram!
*This post contains affiliate links. By clicking through my links to make a purchase, you are supporting this blog and the hard work that goes into providing free, quality designs.