I don’t know about you, but I could use a nice relaxing day at the pool! And I have just the thing to make our pool day even more enjoyable. So, grab your beach towel, gather up your crafting supplies, and let’s make some adorable pool float treat boxes!
Like this design? Consider leaving a tip to show your support.
These cute designs were picked by my wonderful patrons! Each month, my Patreon subscribers help me choose a couple of the projects I create, and this design was one of the top picks for the month of July.
If you enjoy my work, and would like to help choose future projects/freebies, consider becoming a patron of Designs By Miss Mandee!
Watch a short video of me putting this project together on Instagram.
- Hot Glue
- Precision Craft Glue or a Glue Stick
- Paint Markers
- Bone Folder (optional)
- A Cutting Machine or X-ACTO knife
- My Free Template
How to Make It
1. Use your cutting machine or X-ACTO knife, along with my template, to cut out all of the pieces of the pool float treat boxes.
Note: If you are using the SVG files that includes the score lines, don’t forget to set them as such in Cricut Design Space and attach them to their shapes before sending them through your cutting machine. I used a lime green color to mark the score lines, so hopefully that helps! If you’re having trouble with the score lines, check out this video.
Prepping the Pieces
2. Attach any layered, decorative pieces to your head and/or tail. Draw on eyes and any other details you’d like.
Note: I will be showing the process for the flamingo, but the others are largely the same. The unicorn has the most decorative layers of the three.
Assembling the Top
3. Sort out your top and bottom pieces. The top consists of two slightly larger rings and a slightly larger blue circle. One of the top rings and the top blue circle also has a notch in it (for the head to attach through later).
Take the two narrower strips and fold along the score lines. Attach the tabs around the backside of the ring that doesn’t have the notch in it, like so. Glue the other top ring and blue circle together, lining up the little rectangular notch.
4. Next, glue the two head pieces together and insert the bottom tabs into the notch within the top section. Glue down.
Then, attach the whole thing to the rest of the lid piece.
Assembling the Bottom
5. Assemble the bottom in a similar fashion to the top. Take the two wider strips and fold along the score lines. Attach the tabs around the backside of one of the bottom rings like so. Glue the other bottom ring and blue circle together, then attach them to the base.
Place your lid on top of your box, and your project is complete!
I was so happy that my patrons selected this as one of my projects for this month! I had a feeling that these would turn out really cute, and they certainly did (if I do say so myself).
If forced to choose a favorite between the three designs, I don’t know if I could; but I can say that I really love how the ones made with glitter cardstock came together.
I use Adobe Illustrator for all my designs, and a Cricut Maker to bring my creations to life. For tips on creating fun paper cuts like this one, see the FAQ section on my website. Also, check out the other fun freebies available on my blog!
Enjoy putting these pool float treat boxes together. And don’t forget to share your super cute finished results with me on Instagram!
*This post contains affiliate links. By clicking through my links to make a purchase, you are supporting this blog and the hard work that goes into providing free, quality designs.