Mini Paper Christmas Village – Holiday Cut Files

A beautiful sight, we’re happy tonight, walking in a winter wonderland! Today I am sharing a project that is sure to spark joy this holiday season! All you need is a couple of sheets of cardstock, and your trusty cutting machine, to make this magical, mini paper Christmas village.

Mini Paper Christmas Village

Like this design? Consider leaving a tip to show your support.

For as simple of a design this is, I am obsessed with how magical it turned out! The inspiration for this project came from some super cool sticker designs I’ve seen lately. They are long and meant to wrap around your water bottle multiple times—creating a unique, layered effect.

Even though it isn’t a colorful sticker, I thought that the general idea would make a cool papercraft. And, by adding a few little fairy lights, the whole thing is taken to another level!

Mini Paper Christmas Village

I found the dome used in this project at Ikea, but there are lots of similar ones on Amazon, if you want to replicate this display! The dome I have is 7.75″ tall with a base that is just under 4″ in diameter.

Even if you don’t have a glass dome on hand, this design also works well on its own! By adding a couple of folds in the design and crimping the whole thing, you can make a really nice little silhouette display piece for your mantle. If you do it that way, I’d suggest making two, so that the designs can balance each other out.

Mini Paper Christmas Village

I use Adobe Illustrator for all of my designs, and a Cricut Maker to bring my creations to life. For tips on creating fun paper cuts like this one, see the FAQ section on my website. Also, be sure to check out the other Christmas freebies available on my blog!

Enjoy making this mini paper Christmas village! I hope you have as much making it as I did. Be sure to share your festive results with me on Instagram!

Mini Paper Christmas Village Mini Paper Christmas Village

12 Comments on Mini Paper Christmas Village – Holiday Cut Files

1. auntie em
    December 15, 2022 at 6:04 am (2 months ago)

This is such a clever idea! Thank you so much for sharing the file and tutorial.
    Merry Christmas!

December 15, 2022 at 11:24 am (2 months ago)

I’m glad you like it! And Merry Christmas to you too!!

2. Deb
    December 15, 2022 at 8:09 am (2 months ago)

What a lovely idea – thanks so much! Have a wonderful holiday!

December 15, 2022 at 11:24 am (2 months ago)

I’m glad you like it! And I hope you have a lovely holiday too!!

3. Julia M Snider
    December 15, 2022 at 8:23 am (2 months ago)

this is so cute! thank you!

December 15, 2022 at 11:24 am (2 months ago)

You are very welcome Julia! 😊

4. Julie
    December 15, 2022 at 8:35 am (2 months ago)

This is so lovely!!!

December 15, 2022 at 11:25 am (2 months ago)

Thanks so much Julie!! ❤️

5. Phyllis
    December 15, 2022 at 8:07 pm (2 months ago)

I’ve got it cut out what do I do now?! Roll it up, I get but how tight? Do you use foam tape to keep the layers apart? some of it looks like you might have more layers of tape because the layers are further apart. Yep I could got at it and come up with something but I kinda expect some sort of guidance. At a loss. Sorry.

• Shirl
      December 17, 2022 at 7:33 pm (2 months ago)

Phyllis, I connected the three pieces by gluing the tabs. I then taped my fairy lights, in bunches, (cause my strand is long) to the back side of the glued pieces. I then gently rolled it up, placed it in the dome, and adjusted lights and paper as needed. The thickness of the taped lights kept the layers apart perfectly. I posted a picture in her Facebook group. Good luck! I love it!

December 20, 2022 at 5:51 pm (2 months ago)

I love the idea of putting the lights in first! I added mine in after rolling the whole thing up and made things much more difficult for myself. Great idea!!

December 20, 2022 at 5:50 pm (2 months ago)

Hi Phyllis! It depends on how wide you want your circle to be in the end and how stiff your paper is. I did end up using a couple of pieces of foam tape at the bottom of the design (on just some of the layers), to keep the whole thing together. If my paper had been thinner, then I probably wouldn’t have needed any tape to keep it curled. But if you’re not putting yours in a dome, then it won’t matter quite as much how far apart each of the layers are. 🙂