Compass Mandala – Layered Cut File

It is time to set sail on a new papercraft voyage! With layers upon layers of nautical charm, this compass mandala design is sure to help you navigate the rough crafting waters and reach the blissful shores of creativity.

Compass Mandala

Like this design? Consider leaving a tip to show your support.

My wonderful patrons chose this cool design! Each month, my Patreon subscribers help me pick a couple of the projects I create, and this design was one of the top selections for the month of August.

If you enjoy my work and would like to help choose future projects/freebies, consider becoming a patron of Designs By Miss Mandee!

Compass Mandala Compass Mandala

Watch a short video of me putting this project together on Instagram.

It’s been a while since I have shared a mandala-style design here on my website. I had forgotten just how much fun they are to make! Though it can be slightly frustrating trying to make everything fit together perfectly, the end result is always so fantastic. Plus, layering each piece on and seeing the design become deeper and more intricate with each piece of paper is incredibly satisfying.

If you are having any trouble figuring out which pieces go where, I will be sharing a short assembly video for this project on Instagram soon! Also, I’ve included a “layering order” key in the download, so hopefully that will be useful as well.

Compass Mandala

I use Adobe Illustrator for all my designs, and a Cricut Maker to bring my creations to life. For tips on creating fun paper cuts like this one, see the FAQ section on my website. Also, be sure to check out the other fun freebies available on my blog!

I used foam tape when attaching each of the pieces of this design in order to create as much depth as possible, but you could also just use glue if that’s what you prefer.

Enjoy making this lovely compass mandala papercraft! I’d love to see your results, so be sure to share them with me by either tagging me on Instagram or by sharing your work in my Facebook Group.

Compass Mandala

10 Comments on Compass Mandala – Layered Cut File

1. Jamie Daugherty
    August 8, 2023 at 8:07 am (12 months ago)

I often wonder when I see the mandalas and shadow boxes on the crafting sites, what they would look like if you created them. I am a fan of your art and blown away by your generosity to share. Thank you for creating this compass mandala, you made my day! I will forever be a loyal fan!

August 8, 2023 at 8:13 pm (12 months ago)

Aww, that is so kind of you! I’m so glad you enjoy my designs, and I hope you get a chance to try this mandala project out—it’s really fun to put together!!

2. Petra L
    August 8, 2023 at 8:53 am (12 months ago)

Wenn I clock on download I see you google drive and I need to install zip extractor. I do not need that because I use winzip or winrar. I do not need another exactor, I just want to download this file. Can you please help me with this? Never had this before.

Thank you.

August 8, 2023 at 8:18 pm (12 months ago)

Hi Petra! If you already use Winzip, then you shouldn’t need to download another zip extractor application. Just try clicking the little download arrow in the upper righthand corner of the screen. Then, once the files are on your device, you should be able to use your preferred method of unzipping the files. Feel free to check out my FAQ page for more detailed instructions and screenshots of the process!

3. Helen J Roberts
    August 8, 2023 at 1:28 pm (12 months ago)

Appreciate the layering key being included with the download. Too often complex 3D patterns do not include these with the download. Thank you for sharing.

August 8, 2023 at 8:19 pm (12 months ago)

You’re welcome! I figure that if there are enough layers that even I was getting confused about which one comes next, then I’d better include that, haha! 😂

4. Michele
    August 8, 2023 at 1:48 pm (12 months ago)

This is so cool, thank you!

August 8, 2023 at 8:19 pm (12 months ago)

I’m so glad that you like it!!

5. jen
    November 18, 2023 at 11:44 am (8 months ago)

such a beautiful compass rose. i love all the intricate layers and details.
    thank you again for sharing your amazing creations

November 20, 2023 at 11:48 am (8 months ago)

You’re very welcome, Jen! I’m so glad you enjoy my designs!!