Frozen Paper Lantern - Designs By Miss Mandee

Frozen Paper Lantern

Fellow Disney-lovers and die cut enthusiasts: get ready for another, one-of-a-kind paper lantern design. Today’s addition to my Disney Paper Lanterns Series has been in the works for weeks, and on my mind for months! I just knew it would be a perfect reflection of the season and a great one to present around Christmas time. So, without further ado, I give you my fabulous Frozen paper lantern!

Frozen Paper Lantern

Be sure to check out my other Disney paper lantern designs in this series!

It’s hard to fully explain the journey I go through whenever I create one of these designs. From concept to finished product, it takes me upwards of 14 hours. I question every decision I make about the composition and the first run never goes quite right (I tend to overestimate how much detail my cutting machine can handle and end up needing to go back and tweak the design). Not to mention, assembling these delicate pieces, while incredibly fulfilling, can be somewhat tedious as well. But, in the end, I get to hold a beautiful, unique, 3-dimensional art piece in my hand and it never fails to fill my heart with happiness!

Frozen Paper Lantern

To learn how to assemble my paper lanterns, see this tutorial.

I use a Cricut Explore to do my die cut designs, and I absolutely love it! For tips on creating this delicate paper cut, see the FAQ section on my website.

Frozen Paper Lantern

To learn how to assemble my paper lanterns, see this tutorial.

I use a Cricut Explore to do my die cut designs, and I absolutely love it! For tips on creating this delicate paper cut, see the FAQ section on my website.

I love how much is going on in this design: I feel like it captures the story pretty well. You get the classic Elsa, confidently wielding her icy powers, the intricate ice castle tucked into the mountainside, and Anna, Kristoff, and Sven on their way to find Elsa and bring her home.

Frozen Paper Lantern

I hope this Frozen paper lantern brings you as much joy as it does for me! I’ve received lots of requests for other Disney-themed lanterns for my series, and I can’t wait to get started on the next one. Stay warm out there and happy holidays!

Frozen Paper Lantern Frozen Paper Lantern

*This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links.

25 Comments on Frozen Paper Lantern

1. DEBRA BARSTIS
    December 23, 2016 at 7:57 am (12 months ago)

I don’t see where to sign up for the Frozen paper lantern. My granddaughter will absolutely LOVE this.

December 23, 2016 at 8:51 am (12 months ago)

Hi Debra! To access the files for this design, simply click on the “download” button (just below the main image). From there, you can print off the design or download the files directly to your computer. 🙂

2. Sue Kimmet
    December 23, 2016 at 11:48 am (12 months ago)

Thank you. Wouldn’t this make a wonderful night light cover in a little girls bedroom?

December 23, 2016 at 2:33 pm (12 months ago)

Oh my goodness Sue, you are so right! Especially with the velum; these just look so beautiful with a light behind them, using it as a night light cover would be beyond lovely!

3. tiffany
    December 23, 2016 at 1:04 pm (12 months ago)

I am making these for my daughter’s 4th birthday and she absolutely LOVED the tangled one that I’ve had the chance to assemble and put a battery operated tea light in, she carries it around everywhere, it’s a little battered so I’ll be making more before the party. Thank you so much for doing these, your work is amazing and appreciated! Merry Christmas!

December 23, 2016 at 2:35 pm (12 months ago)

Aww, Tiffany, your comment has made my day! That makes me so happy to hear that your little girl in enjoying one of my designs!! Have fun making more for the party! ^_^

4. Tammy
    December 23, 2016 at 1:20 pm (12 months ago)

Thank you! Another amazing design!!!
    Can I request for sleeping beauty or Mulan next!!!

December 23, 2016 at 2:37 pm (12 months ago)

Thanks Tammy! Yes, you are not the first to request Mulan, and I’ll add Sleeping Beauty to my list as well. My list is getting so long that I will probably be sending out a voting form to my readers/followers soon so that I can prioritize and give you guys what you want most. 🙂

5. Olya
    December 25, 2016 at 11:03 am (12 months ago)

It’ completely amazing!

December 26, 2016 at 2:02 pm (12 months ago)

Thank you Olya!

6. Teresa
    December 25, 2016 at 9:21 pm (12 months ago)

Thank you for the cute lantern !

December 26, 2016 at 2:02 pm (12 months ago)

You’re welcome Teresa! Glad you like it. 🙂

7. Lisa
    January 9, 2017 at 8:32 am (11 months ago)

You do amazing work! So awesome you are to share sure gorgeous work. Thank you!

January 9, 2017 at 10:30 am (11 months ago)

Aww, thank you Lisa!! I’m so happy that you like my designs. ^_^

8. Carla Hundley
    January 15, 2017 at 9:46 pm (11 months ago)

cut file. We are doing
    Candy Land for our
    reunion and this will
    work great for the
    Frosted Palace!
    Carla from Utah

January 16, 2017 at 10:40 am (11 months ago)

You’re welcome Carla! So glad my lantern can be a part of your reunion decor!! (and fun to know my fellow Utahn’s will be enjoying it) 😉

9. Leslie
    January 17, 2017 at 9:28 am (11 months ago)

I can’t download :'(
    and I want this for the birth of my clara

January 18, 2017 at 8:46 am (11 months ago)

Hi Leslie,

To download any of my design files, simply click the “Download” button on that blog post page (just below the main image). You will then be directed to where the file is hosted on Google Drive. From there, you can download it (click the down arrow icon in the upper right-hand corner) and save it to your computer.

Note: If you are on a tablet or mobile device, you will need an app that can unzip files.

Mandee

10. Elizaebeth Nielsen
    February 26, 2017 at 3:34 pm (10 months ago)

Thank you so much for sharing this! This is utterly beautiful.

February 28, 2017 at 11:37 am (10 months ago)

Thank you so much Elizaebeth! ^_^

11. Kate H
    March 20, 2017 at 1:05 pm (9 months ago)

I adore these! I have a quick Question what size paper do you use when making them with the Cricut? I think I might need to buy a different matte I have the 12×12. Thanks so much! Kate

March 20, 2017 at 5:08 pm (9 months ago)

Hi Kate! I use 8.5″x11″ cardstock, so you are perfectly fine with a 12″x12″ mat! The template is already sized to fit an 8.5″x11″ sheet of paper, but you can definitely make it larger if you’d like. 🙂

Feel free to check out my FAQ section for more info about paper cutting.

12. Josie
    March 22, 2017 at 6:51 am (9 months ago)

Can’t wait to try this out for my daughter’s Frozen Bday! I absolutely ADORE my Cricut and have a bunch of projects saved up as treats for when I get work done (cricut projects vs. chocolate, tough call)
    Thanks for sharing your work! Definitely going to the top of the pile

March 22, 2017 at 8:06 pm (9 months ago)

I love that! Using Cricut projects as a reward system—so awesome! 😀

Hope your daughter likes them and has a great birthday!!

13. debra l swatik
    April 4, 2017 at 8:50 pm (8 months ago)

anyway to get one featuring olaf from frozen?