Toy Story Paper Lantern | Designs By Miss Mandee

Toy Story Paper Lantern

You’ve got a friend in me! Get excited, because the newest addition to my Disney Paper Lantern series is comin’ at you! Reconnect with your inner kid, and check out all your favorite characters in this one-of-a-kind Toy Story paper lantern!

Toy Story Paper Lantern

Who didn’t love Toy Story as a kid? Imagining your toys coming to life when you’re not looking—that’s pretty much the most awesome childhood fantasy there is! Not to mention that the animation was second to none for it’s time.

Toy Story Paper Lantern

Davian, my four-year-old wanted to see what I was making, and was immediately able to pick out Buzz Lightyear, which I thought was pretty awesome! Once he took a closer look, he could identify all of the other Toy Story pals as well.

For this design, I ended up going a very similar route as I did with my Mickey and friends lantern: using larger, more detailed characters as opposed to specific scenes from the film(s). I decided to go this direction because: (1) I had a hard time pinpointing an exact scene I wanted to replicate that would include all the characters, and (2) There are just too many great characters in the Toy Story movies, and I didn’t want to leave out more than was absolutely necessary.

Toy Story Paper Lantern

I don’t know if I can pick a “favorite” part of this design. All the characters are so expressive and unique. I just had a blast designing all of them!

Toy Story Paper Lantern

To learn how to assemble my paper lanterns, see this tutorial.

I use a Cricut Explore to do my die cut designs, and I absolutely love it! For tips on creating this delicate paper cut, see the FAQ section on my website.

Like most all my paper lanterns, removing the final design from your cutting mat is as much of an art as the cut itself, so be sure to go slowly.

Toy Story Paper Lantern

Enjoy putting this fun Toy Story paper lantern together! Do you know a Toy Story fanatic that would love one of these lanterns?

Toy Story Paper Lantern Toy Story Paper Lantern

*This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links.

16 Comments on Toy Story Paper Lantern

1. kendell
    May 10, 2018 at 6:24 am (2 weeks ago)

Thanks so much for sharing your files, they are really appreciated

May 10, 2018 at 9:02 am (2 weeks ago)

You’re very welcome Kendell! Glad you like me designs. ^_^

2. Carla
    May 10, 2018 at 6:54 am (2 weeks ago)

I completed 2 of your beauty and the beast lanterns they are really sweet but I would like it larger. I will try to enlarge it. My granddaughter is Belle in 8th grade school musical. Maybe it would b nice on the ticket table…hummm?

May 10, 2018 at 9:03 am (2 weeks ago)

That would be super cute!! Congrats to your granddaughter for getting to play Belle! 🙂

3. Tracey
    May 10, 2018 at 6:54 am (2 weeks ago)

Another amazing tealight creation!!! Love your files! Thanks so much for sharing your amazing talent, Have a great day!

May 10, 2018 at 9:04 am (2 weeks ago)

Aww, thanks Tracey! I appreciate your support. ^_^

4. Carla
    May 10, 2018 at 7:07 am (2 weeks ago)

Also wanted to ask if it’s possible to add score lines in your design? I am adding these by hand an could b more exact if they were included. Lovely work !

May 10, 2018 at 9:23 am (2 weeks ago)

Thanks Carla! I don’t add score lines to my files for a few reasons: (1) Adding score lines into a file outside of your cutting software only works for Cricut (not Silhouette or Brother Scan n Cut), (2) Even with Cricut, there are about 5 other steps you have to do after you import the design, and (3) I know that if I did end up including the score lines, even if I made a tutorial, I would spend a TON of time trying to answer people’s questions and troubleshoot for them. XD

Anyway, I’m sorry, I know it would definitely make it easier! Maybe one day it will be a less complicated process, and then I’ll be able to do it. 🙂

5. Charlotte Silber
    May 10, 2018 at 8:17 am (2 weeks ago)

Thank you soooo much. You have such talent and so kind of you to share it.

May 10, 2018 at 9:18 am (2 weeks ago)

You are so sweet Charlotte!! I’m so glad you enjoy my cut files. 😀

6. nerina deco
    May 10, 2018 at 1:08 pm (2 weeks ago)

Merci beaucoup pour ce partage, mon fils Louis de 3 ans est fan de ce dessin animé. Je vais lui faire pour sa chambre
    Amitiés
    Nerina

May 10, 2018 at 3:47 pm (2 weeks ago)

Yay! Glad he can enjoy it! My 4 year old son loves it too. ^_^

7. Debby
    May 15, 2018 at 5:23 pm (1 week ago)

This is darling. Thank you so much for sharing it.

May 16, 2018 at 8:55 am (7 days ago)

Thanks Debby! Glad you like it. ^_^

8. Emma
    May 17, 2018 at 1:02 pm (6 days ago)

Hey! I LOVE this Toy Story Lantern! I just went back and looked at all your other Disney Lanterns too!
    I just started making my own cut files and I can’t image how long these take to create! Thank you so much for sharing!!
    Fun to see this Pixar one! More Pixar ones on the way? I am dreaming of Monsters Inc. with the fun doors or Up with the balloons!
    I can’t wait to see whats next!!

May 18, 2018 at 9:21 am (5 days ago)

Hi Emma! I’m so glad you discovered my Disney lanterns. Yes, they do take quite some time to design, haha.

I have a long list of lantern designs I hope to create. I can’t make any promises as to when, but I do want to do Monster’s Inc. at some point. ^_^